Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



26things December

After my first attempt at 26things in November of last year, I was determined to get more of the words on the list for this next one during December, little did I realise that Miss U's fan club had SUCH a great sense of humour!!! Guys, come on... honestly... necrophilia!!????

Seriously though, you are all fantastic. We asked for a list of 26 words and you were all up to the challenge. In no time at all Elaine was sending me the final list and we were frantically emailing each other to say "What the **** are we gonna do with this lot"?

Remember when I said that the rules stated the photographer should use artistic licence to produce a photographic response to the words on the list? Well, I didn't just use artistic licence, oh no, not this gal, I used it, abused it, bent it, contorted it, damn near broke it, then I went to work.

I hope you find some of the pictures of interest, god, I hope you find some that actually relate to the word!!!

Here we go.


1. Despondent (Dan)


2. Hopeful (Dan)

This is my form for what I hope will be my final blood test after having my thyroid operation half way through last year. Fingers crossed, it will come back clear, and that will be that.


3. Reap (Art)

4. Beneficial (Art)

These are little glass stones, about the size of an English penny. To me, they represent the benefit I have gained by attending Weight Watchers for two thirds of last year. Each time a member loses half a stone (7lb) they are given one of these stones to keep in their purse to remind them how much they have benefitted from all their hard work. I keep mine right beside my kettle in the kitchen and that way I get to see them every morning before I eat anything I shouldn't!!!



5. Panic (Suze)

Christmas has come and gone, and it's not the only thing!



6. Honesty (Suze)



7. Larger than Life (justmee)



8. Hot to Trot (justmee)

One of my ALL TIME favourite meals - curry, and the hotter the better. I could eat it every day of the week and not get bored of it, and lucky for me, it rarely has that undesired effect that many people seem to suffer with after extremely hot and spicy food!!! So this photograph is in recognition of all those people that do suffer the after effects and eat it regardless.

This is also my favourite photograph this month.


9. Brainstorm (rn_buffoon)



10. Pallid (rn_buffoon)

A bit more of an interpretation than a literal meaning, but we couldn't leave rn_buffoon out now could we? Can you guess who's eye this is?


11. Fluffy (Kitty)

A shot of the fluffy white clouds I took on one of my trips to Langdon Cliff which I blogged a few months ago. Yes, I know this isn't a cliff! As I walked along the cliff top, my attention was drawn in the opposite direction by a tractor ploughing a field and being followed by about 120 seagulls. These clouds looked so gorgeous and the three pilons in the centre provide some scale.



12. Wild (Kitty)


13. Comfort (Robyn)


14. Peace (Robyn)


15. Fascination (Cherrie)


16. Boredom (Cherrie)


17. Transparency (Mike)


18. Urban Decay (Mike)


19. Christmas (The Big One)

Even with the allowance of artistic licence, it had to be a christmas tree or the big man himself! This is my latest addition to my christmas soft toy collection. Each year I buy a new one and am building quite a collection. My plan is, when my youngest daughter leaves home and I don't have the time or the inclination to decorate in the way she does, I can have all my christmassy toys out, then when christmas is over, I can throw them all in a bag and put them back in the loft for another year... job done!!! Good plan huh!



20. Artichoke. (The Big One)


21. Happy (Kristen)


22. Weekend (Kristen)


23. Religion (Janet)

A picture of the Parish Church of Fornham St Martins which I visited last summer as part of my research into my family history. I was hoping to find the grave of my Great, Great Grandfather, as this is where he grew up, alas I was unsuccessful on that attempt.


24. Sticky (Janet)


25. Necrophilia (Steven)

Well I know that this is where I broke the mould with the old artistic licence, but hey you can't knock a girl for trying!!! They have assumed the position after all, and as you can see not only are the dead, they are most certainly stuffed... so this is my interpretation of your word Steven!


26. Prostate (Steven)


27. Equilibrium (Darfuria)


28. Benevolence (Darfuria)


29. Merry (Leigh)We have a refridgerator in our garage in which we keep beer and other bottled happy juice, and over christmas, partly because it has been so cold, and partly because there were a lot of visitors at mine Christmas eve, hubby put a selection of different beer cans and alcoholic bottled drinks into a large bucket to bring indoors. He marched into the dining room, big grin on his face and said "How's that for a party bucket"? We certainly got merry on that lot!



30. Wet (Leigh)

Another photograph similar to one I have blogged before. I took this photograph to use in my college project as a visual representation of a slow shutter speed. The sea is one of my favourite places to be when it is high tide, or in the winter when the weather is very rough and stormy.


This was quite a challenging list, but great fun to do. January's list is up on the web site now, and believe it or not I have actually already started taking photo's for it!!! (Yes, Elaine, really!).

We couldn't have done it without the list created by Miss U's friends, and for that, I thank you. I do however have one small, tiny request! If you want to play along in February with creating the list for us to photograph, please click here, it's a fantastic group of words you can select from.. honestly, click the link!!!

If you haven't already been over to check out Miss U's list... go now!

13 comments:

~art said...

very cool. good job ~art

Elaine Denning said...

LoL at Hot to Trot....funny we both used loo roll!
Great pics Ali...I especially liked Necrophilia. Why didn't I think of that?

NOUNS! That's what we want!

Well...thank God that's over and done with. I'm off to check out the new list :)

Ali said...

art ~ thank you for stopping by, it's harder than it looks to come up with these pics!

Ali said...

Elaine ~ do you think I got away with the necrophilia?? lol, yes it is funny how we both used loo roll isn't it. Did you click my link I put in for your kind readers? Let's hope someone, anyone, better still, everyone does!

Good luck with the January list, it should be a breeze after this lot!!

RobynB said...

Great job! You both have wonderful pictures :)

Ali said...

Robynb ~ thanks for checking them out, I sure hoped you clicked my link ... just in case!! lol

Unknown said...

I clicked on your link (for those who wanted to play along in February) and laughed when I saw where you had sent me. Though I have to point out I did give you a noun (artichoke!) which neither of you used (sigh)

I enjoyed both wet and fluffy (something about the way the light lit up the clouds), but it was necrophilia that left me smiling.

Necrophilia. Who would have guessed? lol

Ali said...

The Big One ~ Bravo, you go to the top of my christmas card list as the only person who has admitted to clicking the link. The prize could have been soooo much better if you had also been the first to guess who's eye is shown on 'Pallid'!!!! (maybe I should stop now before I get myself into trouble ;o)

I'm glad I made you smile. x

Cherrie said...

These are great pictures! And I like the explanations that went with them. The shot of the stones was inspiring. And the picture of the wave crashing over the handrail--I almost ducked!

Now I need to "click here" so I can challenge you next month . . .

Ali said...

Cherrie ~ Thanks for the compliment, we are getting better each month, and soon I hope that between the two of us we will cover all 26things!! The stones, as simple as they are, are a daily inspiration to me and help keep my mind focussed on my end goal.

I'm glad you were going to 'click here' in readiness for February's list! Looking forward to it.

Ali said...

Elaine ~ I think your "It's a rabbit isn't it?" comment you just left on my last entry was probably a guess at who's eye is in the 'Pallid' picture! But no, it is not a rabbit!

Any other offers?

Elaine Denning said...

I still think it's a bloody rabbit....

Ali said...

It's still not a rabbit Missy!!! lol... maybe I will tell you on my next blog what it is!!!!