Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



A new camera!

Oh yes. A brand, spanking, new, shiney, camera.I know, I know, it seems a little unfair doesn't it, after all, I only got my digital SLR in October last year. That camera has already seen so much action. (No, not that kind!!)

First I took it to London to show it the sights - The Houses of Parliament, Tower Bridge raised, the Gherkin, The Tower of London, Piccadily Circus in the rain, The London Eye, The River Thames, the train journey in both directions and the tube. Since then it has had various outings, nearly as many as me infact!

It's been to the seaside in 4 different towns, been along the cliff top in 3 towns, to local parks and famous rivers. It's regularly been to Sunday league footy. Has been up close and personal with all manor of flora and most recently my camera took me to Brands Hatch to watch the leather clad men and their throbbing machines race around the track with knees barely an inch from the tarmac. It's been having a whale of a time.

Last week I took it to a local area of beauty, to a lake with ducks and swans and ornate bridges and mini waterfalls, (very mini) and it loved every minute of it.



The water, where it dropped levels was mesmerising and my camera couldn't get enough of it. We spent ages, just the two of us, admiring the view.



There were a couple of young boys playing in this area, just off to one side, and they were larking about in the very wet, muddy waters which were only about 6" deep at that point. As they tried to cross the wet area, the mud grabbed one of the welly boots and, schluuuuuct, he got to the other side with only one on his foot!! The other one lay there, in the middle of the water, just daring his brother to try to rescue it!!! It was so funny. Grandad didn't seem to think so though. I guess his mind was on having to explain the state of their clothing to their mother when he took them home again!

Anyway. At college tonight, I hope to use my brand, spanking, new, shiney camera to take a photograph, and if it works I will blog it. Hell, if it doesnt work I will still blog it.

You see, my brand spanking new camera is, or at least will be, a pinhole camera - homemade!!!!

I am so excited, and still a little sceptical that I will be able to produce a photograph with nothing more than an old tin and so photographic paper!!! Fingers crossed. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

oh Wow! What fun! I can't wait to see what you manage to produce with it.

Perhaps that's what I should be doing to get me out of my cameraless situation?

I loved those pics by the way...water is a great thing to capture isn't it?

Good luck Ali!!

Ali said...

Thanks Elaine. I was like a little girl at college..lol.. all excited about making a 'Blue Peter' camera and taking a picture..lol How I wish we had done that at school!!

If my picture is anywhere near as good as the tutors pinhole photos I will invest in some trays and chemicals. He reckons you can get set up for this with about £20!!!!!