Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Catch Up

In an effort to put some posts up on my blog, which have been sadly lacking of late, I thought I'd share some of my photographs with you that I have taken for my AS Course.

For the environment unit, we had to research and then photograph different aspects of the environment. My final images are all of the shoreline, but working through the unit, I also photographed other environments.

This is one that I took in London on a trip I made with 3 of my college friends. Being a Sunday, I expected it to be busy and had to wait patiently for quite a while to get this shot, still it gave me time to set my camera up to capture the movement just the way I wanted it.

7 comments:

cathy said...

Tiptoe through the... um were are the tulips?

seriously though it's a great shot.

Ali said...

Cathy ~ I just liked the shapes and the near b&w imagery, the child having a bright red top was a bonus.

Elaine Denning said...

Love it!

I've always wondered if people will think I'm some kind of pro if I set up all my gear on the pavement.

No, not that kind of pro, Ali :)

Akelamalu said...

That's a great shot. I am envious of anyone who can take good photographs - mine are the sort that chops folks heads off! :(

Great to see you back posting. x

Ali said...

Laney ~ I'm always a bit self concious of setting up in towns, but the best thing about London is that every other person is snapping something!

Akelamalu ~ lol. I only show you the better ones!

Mike said...

It's a great photo! I've stopped being self concious any more. I take no notice and just concentrate on what I'm trying to capture. Easier said than done though sometimes. Mind you, I'm not exactly talking from recent experience. I've been struggling to find the time ever since Christmas. I've done some still life stuff and that's about it. I was in London on business a few weeks ago and never took my camera but when I got there I seriously regretted it as there were so many missed photo opportunities.

Ali said...

Lady B ~ I couldn't believe my luck when I saw this solitary child AND he was wearing red!

Mike ~ London is a great place to have your camera out, as you say, so many photo opportunities.