Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Fleeting Visit

Firstly, I need to thank all of you lovely people that have taken the time to stop by, and leave comments on my 'I is for ...' post, and apologise for not having responded to you all individually.

Secondly I need to apologise for not having gotten around to seeing all of your efforts for last Wednesdays ABC posts.

The reason - I have not been feeling too bright. I mentioned this briefly in my Bins and Boreds post, and now that all the blood tests I had done have come back as normal my GP has diagnosed 'Post Viral Fatigue' or PVF.

Having looked it up since the diagnosis, I found out it is the new name for ME. The symptoms are extremely varied, and any combination of them can be suffered daily, changing from one day to the next.

There is no treatment. Rest does not improve ME but physical and/or mental activity aggravates it and increases the level of suffering. The only 'treatment' is a course of well structured exercise, in increasing levels. At the moment, I am not able to do more than about half an hour morning and afternoon without it causing me to be totally and completely helpless the following day. Recovery could take several weeks.

It is also a disease that once recovered from, is highly likely to relapse at any given moment for several years to come.

I am not looking for sympathy, although I have to admit when I read up on it I felt a little blown away, but I wanted you all to know that I am still around, and that just because I haven't left comments on your blogs it doesn't mean I haven't thought about you all. I am missing blogland like crazy. I am hoping in the next few days to look at all the brilliant 'I' posts, although I may not be able to comment on them all, and I will endeavour to at least post once a week for ABC.

OK, am going for a lay down now... lol... love you all. x

21 comments:

Michael said...

Sorry to hear you're sick. I'll be praying hard for your a swift recovery.

Take care of yourself.

xxx

Michael said...

'your swift recovery' that should read. Stupid Greek keyboard :)

dot said...

Sorry you are still not feeling well. I've never heard of your condition so I'll have to google and see what I can find out. Take care and do the things you are supposed to do and don't worry aout the comments.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry that you aren't well and especially that you are suffering with PVF which is such an annoying ailment because as as you say it saps your energy. I really hope that you are able to find some kind of treatment/exercise plan that will help you recover.
Blogland will miss you but we will be here as and when you are able to visit. The main thing is that you recover your health. I know you will have some difficult days ahead and I will be thinking of you and yours. Take care Ali.

Akelamalu said...

Sorry to hear you're not 100%, hope you're feeling better very soon.

cathy said...

That sucks!
You concentrate on getting well the genuine friends you have made in blogdom will understand and the rest don't matter.

photowannabe said...

Rest, get yourself back in the swing again. We understnd. Blog when you are able, I'll still be here and check in on you. Feel better soon.
Sue

mrsnesbitt said...

Hey honeybunch, you do what feels good!...Do what you feel is best for you!

Just observe Wednesday.

Sit back and relax.


Lotsof love
Dxxxx

George said...

Hi sweetie ... fibromyalgia, ME, PVF ... all the same crap. The only good thing found is that there is no specific treatment for ME. If no treatment was sought, the condition would gradually improve. However, much can be done to try to improve symptoms. The article I read didn't say what the much can be done was.,

Be as well as you can

Neva said...

I hope you start to feel better soon...good luck! we will be here when you get back to blogland!!!

Elaine Denning said...

Ali...please, please take good care of yourself honey and don't try to rush this. You'll just burn yourself out. I know you must be as bored as hell, but just spend the week painting yor nails and watching Bargain Hunt. You'll feel so much better for it!
Big hugs, and I really hope things improve soon. xx

Mike said...

My friend John has ME so I can fully sympathise with what you're going through. I hope it clears off sooner rather than later and leaves you to get on with your life normally.

Wait though, I've been thinking about this..... If you're tired all the time what you need is rest. This should involve lying in bed with your laptop. You see, there's no excuse for not blogging (assuming you have a laptop. If not get G to buy you one because you're poorly).

Did you know ME is the technical term for Yuppie Flue. Have you at any time been a Yuppie? This would explain things.

ellie said...

Take care of yourself. xxx

ellie said...

BTW Mike ... Yuppie Flue? Is that a term to describe a really posh chimney?

Mike said...

Ellie - Sush will ya. I was hoping nobody would notice.

kml said...

Taking care of yourself is the most important thing - we will all be thinking of you with nothing but the best thoughts.

We won't give up on you so don't feel obliged to respond - just read when you can and enjoy!

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Ali, I am sorry to hear this and I hope you will start to feel better.

God bless you and remember not to try to do too much. I know you will figure out your limits (if any) and work around them.

Anonymous said...

Ali, I thought of you constantly and worried you were still poorly - yet hoped your absence was because you were happily busy.

I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome about 10 years ago so know exactly how you feel. I hadn't even the energy to walk to the phone but lay lifeless on a couch all day and then bed at night - I was just a shell. It took months to recover and as you say, the minute you exert yourself, then your body lets you know it's not best pleased.

You will just have to be patient and not stress yourself out about it. It's a hard lesson but learn it well, let nature take it's course, keep your mind busy and you'll overcome these limits in a gradual undemanding way.

Sending you lots of warm, health giving wishes and loving promises of better days. x

Hin Man said...

Please don't worry about the comments and visits. My thoughts are all with you when I came down my list of blogs to visit. Apology in not visiting you earlier. I will have my dinner prayer on you and your family along with my boys and wife. We are all behind you even though we are not around the corner to give you a WARM hug that you need at the moment. Thoughts and prayers will hopefully uplift your spirit to overcome your difficulties.

Kristi said...

That sucks, Ali. I'm sorry you have to go through that.

My problem is not as severe, but I think it helps me understand what you're going through some. I just found out last winter that I have Sleep Apnea, which causes me extreme fatigue on a regular basis, and, if not cared for properly, could lead to heart disease years down the road. I struggle every morning to get to work, and every afternoon I get drowsy and spacey at my desk, then when I get home I have no energy to cook or clean or do anything fun. It has even hurt my creativity level, keeping me from writing the way I use to.

Hang in there. Take it one day at a time. When I remind myself this, it helps.

Wish you strength and good health soon.

Anonymous said...

Ali, I'm sorry to read you're not well. I do hope you are feeling better soon. Take care and sending lots of healing thoughts your way.