Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Smoke Signals

Some of you may remember the photo I posted of bubbles, a very creative shot I produced after reading 'how to' in my camera magazine. For those of you that haven't been visiting since 2006, you can find it in my post 26things January 2006 . The only equipment needed to produce the picture was a pint glass, straw, washing up liquid and a bit of time.

Well, this month's magazine provided another of these gems. Something so simple you could do it at home with minimum kit and even better, with minimum time. The completed images they showed in the magazine were so fantastic I couldn't see how I could photograph something so beautiful, let alone reproduce them, but it gave all the 'need to know' info...

... so I just had to have a go and here are some of the results:


















I hope you enjoyed looking at these as much as I enjoyed producing them.

Merry Christmas everyone. x

12 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Those are just AMAZING! You are seriously talented honey. :)

Elaine Denning said...

Ok...you've completely blown me away. AMAZING, Ali.

So....how did you do it....I'm dying to know!

mrsnesbitt said...

Yes, you have us all hanging on the edge of our seats....so how did you do it?

Dxx

Ali said...

LOL, LOL, I'm glad you think they are as brilliant as I thought when I saw them in the magazine. Maybe I should turn it into a Christmas Quiz and see who can guess how it's done first ... or maybe I just enjoy keeping you all in suspense a little longer!!!

X

ellie said...

I love the contrast between the floatiness and the symmetry once again there is an organic feel to the shots, they remind me of a uterus. Excellent. A photographic doofus like me wouldn't even begin to guess how you achieved these.

photowannabe said...

Very magical and artsy Ali. I would love to do this. Tell us how.

Andrea said...

Amazing, beautiful and colorful. A piece of art.

DigitalShutterMania said...

Nice , beautiful, amazing and colorful photos : )

Neva said...

wow I am speechless!

Unknown said...

Extraordinary!

Unknown said...

Extraordinary!

Becki said...

these pictures are brilliant iv never seen anything like that before.