Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



The 'How To' guide

Lots of you wanted to know how the images in my last post were created, so this post will give you all the information you need, not only to understand how they were created, but to have a go yourself. It really is simple.

The images were created from nothing more than smoke. Yep, really. The clue was in the title folks!!

I was going to write up a brief description on how to do it, but thought it would be easier to follow the original instructions instead of my ramblings, so what follows are photo's of the magazine pages which tell you everything you need to know from what equipment, how to set it up, right through to how to process and colour them in Photoshop.

I hope that if you click on the images they will be sufficiently large for you all to read the instructions.

Happy Snapping to you all, and if any of you create your own pictures, please drop by and let me know how you got on, I would love to see them.








19 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

Well, I was almost right!

I'd love to give this a go, but I'll need a few more gadgets first. Even explained, it doesn't sound easy...but then I've always been hopeless with instructions. You should see my flat pack furniture! x

Unknown said...

Just popped by to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, have a great time!

Akelamalu said...

??? How do I turn this camera on???

Merry Christmas to you and yours and Happy New Year. x

DigitalShutterMania said...

Ali, thanks for sharing.

Merry X-Mass and Happy New Year
Wishing You Happy and Prosperous New Year
My New Year card as follows: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2249/2129832682_0e014a30ca_o.jpg
Cheers
DSM

cathy said...

Have a great Christmas!
The smoke pics look great

Akelamalu said...

I just popped over to wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, may they be everything you're hoping for.

Much Love and Reiki Blessings
Akelamalu
x

ellie said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALI

cathy said...

and just in case I don't get round again in the next few days Happy New Year too.

Evening said...

Just wanted to wish you happy holidays Ali. I hope 2008 is a year of joy for you.
xo

Andrea said...

Thanks for sharing this interesting information. I will check it out.

Wishing you a wonderful and healthy 2008.

mrsnesbitt said...

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Just popping over on my super speed, reformatted laptop to wish you a Happy New Year! On my blog you will find 2 awards which I want all my luverly blogging friends to share.
Have a great 2008!

Denise

photowannabe said...

Hi Ali, good to hear from you again. Your smoke pictures are fascinating. Sometime when i get some equipment I might try that too.
Here's wishing you a very Happy New Year.
Sue

cathy said...

I MADE IT!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Akelamalu said...

Wishing you A HAPPY NEW YEAR and everything that's good.

Loz said...

Happy new year.
love the smoke pictures....... off for a tab with my camera

Unknown said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, ALI!

Neva said...

Wow....I really know not that much about photo and computers....thanks for sharing....

Mike said...

Great photos Ali. I can see you've been busy with your camera. I really like the copy of the woman with the hand. You Photoshopped it perfectly. Happy new year to you and your family.

Ali said...

Thank you to each and everyone of you for your comments and christmas & new year wishes. I hope you all had a great holiday time.