Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



My Guest House

In my last entry Miss U said she liked the photograph of my house and wanted to come and stay, which of course she is welcome to, anytime.

I did however mention to her that I have a small guest house she could stay in if she wanted to visit, and promised that I would post the pinhole photograph I took of it.

Now my brain is in gear, I realise I am not back at college for another week yet, and so, early this morning, before work, I wandered down the garden to the house and took a couple of shots, exterior and interior, so I could blog it for her anyway.

I figured photographing it early in the morning was the best way of ensuring nosey neighbours wouldn't jump to the conclusion that I was selling up, taking shots for the estate agents, etc.

That got me to thinking.... (yes, I do occasionally!)... how would the estate agent market the property if I were to put it on the market?


We are pleased to be offering this purpose built guest house situated in a poplular area of the town. Just a short distance from the motorway, harbour and Channel Rail Link, and on the main bus route.

The property was fully renovated 3 years ago and benefits from lounge, kitchen, bathroom, one bedroom and is within reasonable walking distance of the town centre. It also provides a good sized, well established garden and patio area.

Viewing highly recommended.

So, Laney, what do you think so far? Fancy coming to visit?

The garden is quite large, and being established, there is plenty of wildlife. Birds of all varieties are regular visitors, we even have a woodpecker. We are on the edge of the town here, and it has been known for the odd fox to stray into the garden in search of food too.

Very, very early in the morning, you can sometimes hear the hedgehogs snuffling in the borders rooting around for breakfast-


The baby rabbits are really cute when the come out to play, and they don't seem to be bothered by us at all, they just sit there and stare at us-



and next doors cat visits daily. Poor cat, I don't think they can be feeding it properly, it always seems so skinny and it's fur has fallen out-


Do you think I should call the RSPCA?

Oh, one drawback, but you can't have everything, I haven't finished furnishing the house yet and so for now the dining room only has patio furniture in it... I sure hope that doesn't put you off visiting me though-

On the plus side - we do have a washing machine in there already, so that you can keep ontop of you holiday washing. Saves that awful end of holiday washing mountain when you get home again doesn't it!-

I think that about sums it up really. I guess you would like to see the whole thing wouldn't you.

Well, here it is --- my Guest House -


And yes, I know.

I'm a MAD COW!!!

Keep smiling.

6 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

LMFAO!!!!

Ali, you are a complete GOOF!

That is the funniest blog post I have read in about 6 months! Thanks for making me laugh :)

And by the way...it looks just perfect. xx

Ali said...

Laney - What more could you want than that 'open plan' living huh? LOL. Glad it made you laugh sweetie.

Don't forget the cat food!

Hugs x

The Cat said...

That made me smile. Thank you.

Cherrie said...

The house is cute--looks like it was made of gingerbread. But that dining room table! You'll have to serve off the small plates . . .

Ali said...

Cat ~ a smile is worth a thousand words. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you eat better than the cat here!!

Ali said...

Cherrie ~ if I serve off the small plates maybe Laney will stop moaning about the size of her HUGE ass!!! ;o)