Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



'K' is for ...

KNOTS

Some of you will remember the B is for Bark I did in week 2; this week, partly due to lack of time and energy to shoot for K, I decided to post from some photo's I shot on a day out with my Mum to Groombridge Place about 3 weeks ago. Many of the trees there are 400-500 years old and they have fantastic textures and patterns in their barks, so I found myself photographing them.

I know I am nearly a week late, but here are four of my favourites:







18 comments:

RUTH said...

Great photos and worth waiting for :o)

Akelamalu said...

Fantastic photos!

photowannabe said...

I love the knots and textures of the bark. Its never too late for great pictures.

ellie said...

I love the first picture, it looks almost fluid.

Elaine Denning said...

Lovely pictures, Ali. I have a thing for trees...especially lone ones on a landscape. They always look so beautiful.

mrsnesbitt said...

he he he...this reminds me of The Scream...just check my blog! LOL!

It is great you posted these.
I am teaching on Wednesday so although my pic will be posted I wont be able to get round and comment until later.

Dx

Ali said...

Awww, thx guys, you're all great. This weeks, (oh God, it's tomorrow, crikey), should be on time, but yet again, next week will definitely be late!

I have to do a 5 mile drive to get from here in Kent to Middlesborough Uni for an open day with my daughter. We are travelling up on the Tuesday and back on the Wednesday.

Gosh, I will have done more travel this last month than I did in most of last year at this rate!! lol

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

lovely knots

I think ali above means a 500 mile round trip!

just posted my L - an hour early but it's time for bed.

Max-e said...

That tree has a lot of character

Anonymous said...

Great photos... you're so imaginative.

Ali said...

lol, Ackworth, well spotted, see thats what I get for posting on here when I should be resting.

What I actually meant was 5 hour drive --- each way!!!

Pete M said...

Hi, love the knots, the patterns and textures are wonderful, I too have a passion for trees, I am a tree hugger Lol

Digital Flower Pictures said...

I also been know to hug a tree, for me money does really grow on trees. Nice series and a good 'K'.

kml said...

Such beautiful patterns in the bark and knots - even the colors are all different! Excellent post!

myonlyphoto said...

Wow, excellent patterns, couldn't tell if I was looking at paintings or photographs at first. Anna :)

Ali said...

So glad you all liked my trees

cathy said...

These are beautiful! WOW!

Ali said...

Thx Cathy