Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Wedding Photography.

Thx to everyone for your encouragement and comments over my photos, you guys rock.

The trip to Middlesbrough went well, although there was no time for sight seeing, it served it's purpose and was very worthwhile. Of course I paid for it yesterday and spent the entire day doing absolutely nothing!

Have been recouperating so that I have the energy for tomorrow, Saturday, when I am shooting a friends wedding!!! God help me!!! It's the first one I have ever done. I have not been hired as a 'professional', neither have I been paid as such, so I am sure it will be fine, but I want to do the happy couple proud, and am quite nervous about it. It's the glare of the white dress with flash that scares me most I have to say, but I am well prepared and I guess what will be will be.

My friend works in an area that means she is in contact with Photoshop everyday, and is very accomplished at using it. She has simply asked me to shoot in RAW and put the photo's on a disc so that she can choose her own images and will do all the manipulation herself too, so I get to shoot the photo's with none of the post processing/album sorting/print worries. Suits me just fine!

Will let you all know how I get on.

10 comments:

ellie said...

You will be absolutely fine. Enjoy your day, Good Luck xxx

Unknown said...

Have a great time, your photos will be great!

Elaine Denning said...

You'll be fantastic! I know you won't need it, but GOOD LUCK! xx

Mike said...

No pressure then. I bet you'll take some fantastic photos. I'd love to see some of them afterwards.

Ali said...

Ellie ~ I'll try, I am quite looking forward to it now. I think!

Pauline ~ Thx for you vote of confidence

Laney ~ Thx honey, I might just need it!!!

Mike ~ I will put a few up when I have sorted through them.

mrsnesbitt said...

Hmm, you will be absolutely great, stupendous and wonderful.

Easy I guess for her, to look on, after the event when you have done the creative bit!

Dxxx

Akelamalu said...

Fingers crossed for today, I'm sure it will go well. x

kml said...

Anxious to hear how it all went with the wedding.

Your pics on here are great - no reason to think these will be any less.

Enjoy!!

George said...

Have fun and you'll do fine. You might be interested in my post today ... I had a small section about the most lucrative type of photography .. you will be surprised at what it is.

photowannabe said...

You will do great Ali. Just stay strong and relax. Someone else will do all the filing with your shots.