Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



'M' is for ....

MARRIAGE



I know, I know, it's almost a week late, but my regular readers will know why and you are all very supportive about my severe lack of scheduling recently, for which I thank you, and again, apologies for not being able to visit you all regularly. x

As you know, I have just shot my first wedding, so I thought I would catch up with ABC by posting a wedding photograph depicting the marriage of a friend of mine from college last year.


I haven't had time to photoshop as yet, so this is the image captured in the camera. It needs a little work yet, but I wanted to post 'M' before 'N' comes along on Wednesday!!! I might even shock you all and actually post the next one on time. Don't hold your breath though... lol

As for the other wedding pics, I will try to put a post together and show you a few. All I can say is I still have a lot to learn about photography in dimly lit rooms of moving people!!!!!!

19 comments:

dot said...

Must have been a beautiful wedding! Looking forward to your "N" picture.

Elaine Denning said...

Aww, she looks lovely!

I can't wait to see your wedding pics from Saturday. I'm sure they're not half as bad as you're making out!

Hope you're starting to feel better. xx

Mike said...

I'm sure you've taken some stunning photographs. For dimly lit rooms full of moving people you should check out Suckapants website. There's a link on my photoblog. He has hundreds of photos on his site, some of which are truly stunning.

Ali said...

Dot ~ It was, and the bride looked stunning.

Laney ~ More pics coming soon, this was one of them from Saturdays shoot.

Mike ~ Thx honey, on my way over for a ganda at Suckapants website now.

Akelamalu said...

If that's an example of your wedding photography I'm sure Saturdays piccies will be great!

Ali said...

Akelamalu ~ That is a shot from Saturday. Am quite pleased with some of the ceremony ones, it was quite low light, but with a 50mm f1.8 prime lens there didn't seem to be a problem.

My problems only came when I tried to use a 70-300mm f4-5.6 lens at the reception in very dim light!!!

I live and learn, and Saturdays shoot was taken on as exactly that, a practice!!

photowannabe said...

Ali, you did a great job and I am looking forward to seeing more.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I love weddings... and what a gorgeous couple. Great idea for "M"

mrsnesbitt said...

Wonderful photograph of a lovely looking couple.

Great you did this, we do appreciate how you are feeling, so hugs to you today!

Dx

Pete M said...

Weddings are not easy, I attended a friends wedding with camera in hand, their photographer did a very poor job so they used mine instead

kml said...

You did a great job with this photo - they must be pleased!

Oswegan said...

Nice shot.

~Oswegan

WalksFarWoman said...

What a gorgeous photo Ali, I love her outfit - doesn't she look like Emma Forbes! :)

Neva said...

What a great picture.....they look really good..you are very good at this....

AVCr8teur said...

My friend has asked me to take his wedding photo next year considering I've never done a wedding before. It's a lot of responsibility, but it looks like you're off to a good start from what I have seen so far.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

I seem to be the default 'go to guy' for my friends wedding photos. I am usually scared to death because of the unknown conditions and the importance of the event. It invariably turn out okay and they always seem happy. The first time the bride, who couldn't afford a 'real' photographer saw I was terribly nervous and said, 'just pretend we are flowers and you will do fine'. That has worked for me the other times I have done weddings.

That 50mm did great.

Akelamalu said...

Oh sorry. It's a great photograph even if it was just a 'practice'. Anyway you know the old saying practice makes perfect!

Evening said...

I love weddings.

Waving at you Ali.
xo

Ali said...

thanks to everyone who has left comments and sorry I don't have the energy to reply to you all individually. I really do appreciate your input.