Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Out of Town

I have been such a good girl, resting up and following the doctors orders. It's not like me to sit and do nothing, absolutley nothing. It drives me crazy. I hate not having half a dozen things on the go to think about and accomplish. It seems like such a waste of time to while away the hours, day after day, doing sod all. I know it has to be this way to get myself back to a fully functioning human being but still, it's hard.

So what has kept me on the straight and narrow? This coming week has. Later this week I am off to London again, yipee. The trip has been in the planning for several months now, but finally, all the details are settled, right down to the arrival times.

I am so excited. I am finally going to meet Laney. I know most of you visit her site too and so have already read about it, but for those that haven't; I have known Laney for about 2 years now, first meeting her elsewhere online, and very quickly we became great friends, swapping emails and mobile numbers and keeping in regular contact. She was the one who convinced me to start blogging, and although until recently, it was taking over all my spare time, I am so glad I did. I have met so many wonderful people here, most of them genuine, caring souls, that I can't imagine ever not blogging.

This week, I get to meet not just Laney, but also the very first visitor of my very first blog post, (not counting Elaine), a wonderfully vibrant woman who still takes the time and trouble to visit me. She and her partner are American and are travelling at the moment, a trip they have taken to celebrate 30 years together. Later this week they are visiting London for a few days and Laney and I are going to meet them together. I can't wait. I have never met anyone from blogland before and I am so glad that it should be my best friend and my first visitor that I meet up with.

I am sure we will have a ball and there will be plenty of photographic evidence of our gathering. I can just see us now, after the trip, photoshop open and trying to conceal the faces of those who don't show their image on their blog, that'll just leave Elaine then!

So, fingers crossed I can actually stay awake for a whole day at a time and of course I will blog it when I get back and have caught up on my rest.

Hope you all have a great week and thanks for your continued support. x

14 comments:

Mike said...

Concealing faces..... I've never quite understood that one unless you're running a sex blog, politically incorrect blog or similar.

Anyway...... I hope you have a great time in London. Have a drink or two for me and if you're out fine dining I'll just have a fillet steak in a red wine, brandy and mushroom sauce.

I'm looking forward to seeing the headless pictures ;)

Elaine Denning said...

If you think I won't need to be photoshopped, think again! There is no way you are putting up any pics of me until you've spent at least half a day with the airbrush, ok?

Oh. And then you need to make me taller and thinner.

Then enlarge my boobies and shrink my feet.

Then give me a suntan.

And then I may just let you put them up!

Counting the hours now. Woohoo!!

photowannabe said...

So happy you can go on a trip an visit special people and places. Stay well and awake so we can see some fabulous pictures when you return.

Unknown said...

have a great time

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh wow! Have a great time. London is such a great place to be meeting up with your blogging friends. Am looking forward to the photos.

Dxx

cathy said...

Pauline stole my comment, she does that a lot. LOL.

HAVE FUN ANYWAYS :)

Akelamalu said...

Have a fantastic time - I'm sure you will. Looking forward to seeing the evidence!

david mcmahon said...

Have a great time. And tell Laney it was a good decision to get you to start blogging ....

kml said...

Have a great trip and keep safe! Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a safe and fun trip.

WalksFarWoman said...

How exciting Ali - bet the momentum will keep you going but you're bound to be exhausted by night time.

That's such a special trip, hope you have a fabulous time, you all deserve it. x

George said...

Be well, stay safe and have a blast. Can't you even let one of yourself slip by?

Lynette said...

Your enthusiasm for and excitement about your upcoming trip radiates from my computer screen. More power to you!

Ronjazz said...

I am quite envious of this trio being together. I hope you all had endless fun and talked about life and love and lived a little life and love as well.

And I invite you to come read me whenever you feel moved to do so!