Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Christening

My first great neice was christened on Sunday at the same church where my Mum remarried 10 years ago. It is a beautiful church and the weather was pretty good, dry at least.

My son was one of the Godfathers, his fifth now. People always seem to ask him, he is such a natural with kids. Maybe it has something to do with still being one himself!!

Anyway, I thought I'd share a couple of my photo's with you that I took for babies Mum and Dad. On second thoughts, maybe I should have saved them for 'C' is for... next week, oh well, too late now!!




7 comments:

Momentary Madness said...

I love ritual. The christening gown is fantastic- the 2nd. photo is my favourite the look of wonder/delight on the face is beautiful!
Y;-) Paddy

Ali said...

Paddy ~ So do I. I am a keen Family History researcher, for my sins, and I often envy the way families used to be so close, lots all living in the same street and spending so much time together. Father teaching son his trade and mother teaching daughter how to take care of the family needs.

The christening was lovely.

Mike said...

That's a couple of fantastic photos you have there!

Ali said...

Mike ~ What? No insults first?? God, they must be better than I thought!! lol

I have quite a few more to sort yet, but I love black and white photos.

Elaine Denning said...

They're perfect Ali. I love all sorts of photography, but portrait is my favourite...especially in black and white. It brings out so much of a person's character which colour seems to wash away sometimes. They will absolutely love them. She's gorgeous. x

RUTH said...

Oh these are lovely; the second one is a real gem.

Ali said...

Laney ~ It is good to know other people love these, it makes me less nervous about showing my nephew and his partner!! This is the sort of photography I would really like to be doing for a living. I much prefer the candid shots than the posed for ones.

Ruth ~ The second is my favourite too, as Paddy said, the look of wonder/delight on her face is just beautiful.