Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No Friction in the Forest

Firstly, I would like to thank all those who have taken the time and trouble to read my blog and comment on what they have seen. It somehow makes more sense of it when other people leave feedback.

I'm glad some of you have enjoyed the pictures I snapped of the Cliffs at Dover, hopefully later in the year the quality of the pictures will be much better. Next week I begin a GCSE course in Photography. I have always been interested in photography,what makes a good composition, how do you know just how much lighting you need etc, but I am a long way from a David Bailey. Hopefully I will learn how to take good photographs with digital and film cameras as well as developing the film etc.

At the moment, my photographs are OK, a bit hit and miss sometimes, especially if it's a dull day, but I'm a kinda point and shoot gal if you know what I mean. Now there's nothing wrong with a bit of point & shoot in the right context, but photography is not necessarily the best place for it!

If all goes according to plan, I will be able to treat you (or you will have to endure!!) similar projects later in the year, how lucky are you?

Until then onto something different. I received an email earlier today, and a couple of the attachments reminded me of you Elaine... (that's me off the christmas card list..) sorry, but they did. They are just so your kind of humour, and mine too, so I thought as you were doing such good job of drumming up trade for me on my blog I would dedicate them to you:





6 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

Ali, you're an absolute nutter!
I love 'em! Still laughing here.

I am soooo jealous that you're learning photography. I've been meaning to do it for years now, since I was a photographer in a portrait studio. I don't claim to know anything about cameras, but I think I'm good with subjects. My dream is to have my own studio one day. I have some pics I'd like to put up of kids I've taken photos of in the studio. Do you think that's allowed? Could they lock me up for it?

Cherrie said...

Good luck with your photography studies! I'd love to take a class--maybe someday. In the meantime I fool around with my little digital point-and-shoot.

Staying in bed and shouting "Oh, God!" may not constitute going to church, but it probably is a hell of a lot more fun!

Ali said...

Elaine - It's always good to have a dream, let me know when you get your own studio, I could do with a new job!! lol

cherrie - I have to agree 1000% it is w-a-y more fun, and so much better for burning off the calories!!

Suze said...

Ali, good luck with the photographic course. I'm sure it will be both enjoyable and rewarding.

KJ said...

Very funny signs!!!

Ali said...

suze - thankyou. I will of course need plenty of practice so I'm coming over with Elaine to 'assist' with your photoshoot!

kristen - When I see something that can make me laugh while I'm sat at my desk at work, I know it just has to be shared. Glad you enjoyed them