Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



A Thought To Touch Your Heart

I have finally joined Blogland! I may be slow but I get there in the end.

My blog to me is merely a place to lay down some of my thoughts and happy memories. A place to muse over those insignifcant, useless pieces of information we collect along our journey of life.

We have a desk calendar at work that has those little rip of pages each day, and every day I lean down and squint at the tiny writing on the bottom - that little inspirational thought for the day. Sometimes you wonder exactly what 'inspiration' you are supposed to draw from the seemingly meaningless line and other days you find yourself nodding in agreement, or raising an eyebrow and thinking "oh how true that is" and when someone asks what it said you realise that you actually said it out loud!

So, I have been rambling pages on the web in search of some inspirational gems, and I came across this one:

"A life is never ended until all the lives it has touched have ended too."
It made me stop and think. We all lose people we love and care about. When our friend or relative has lived a long and happy life we say we are grateful that at least they had a good innings (I wonder where that saying came from?) When our loved one is not quite so old and has not had such a full and happy life it can be so easy to dwell on the what if's, to feel that they were cheated in some way from what might have been. In fact, I guess, it's those of us who are left behind that feel cheated, feel a huge sense of loss, of grief, of sorrow.
So to all of you out there who have temporarily lost contact with someone special, remember this:
"A life is never ended until all the lives it has touched have ended too."

4 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

Ali - that was such a beautiful beginning. I'm so glad you've decided to get a blog, because having read you before, your words are so inspirational and thought provoking for me.
Welcome to Blogland!!
Hugs xx

Ali said...

Miss U, thank you for your kind encouragement. Am not sure that I have as much to say as you, but will try to make regular entries.
Hugs back at ya. xx

Anonymous said...

well well ali im impressed i will be bugging you how to do this soon well done it cool

Ali said...

Hayley - thanks a million. It is SOOO good to hear from you. It must be a couple of years since we had a proper chat.