Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



How English?

I was rummaging around blogland the other day, like you do, and stumbled across one of those annoying yet unavoidable quizes on a blog I was reading. You know what I mean, another one of those, quizes, yet somehow you just have to read the questions and provide your hyperthetical answers.

Then, as if taken over by some alien being, you click it. That link. The one that takes you to the page FULL of different quizes. 'What colour are you' - who the hell cares and if I told you I was red, or blue, or yellow, would you be any the wiser about me??? Well would you? What fruit are you? Ditto.

Still I persisted in reading the quiz titles. One or two seemed like they might be fun to try, and try I did. A bit of light relief, but not worth blogging about really.


Then I saw one entitled 'What mental illness do you suffer from'...lol... it just had to be done.

I, of course, already know that I am totally of my rocker, completely beyond help, and did not need anyone to confirm it, but I thought it might be interesting to see if the quiz recognised this! The results gave a list wayyyy to long to write about here, and to be honest, I'm not sure I'm QUITE that mentally unbalanced!!!!

To cut a long list, (a very long list) short, it decided that I have OCD. OCD???? for what? What in hells name am I obsessive about? Why OCD? Because I like to be ontime? Because I like routine?

It's all rubbish anyway, it's not a scientific test, it's just for fun. OCD, I ask you!!!! lol

So, knowing it is all rubbish, - I continued to look down the list. Wondering if there were any other quizes which might actually make sense. When will I learn. Then I saw the 'How English are You'? quiz.

Hey, that's easy. Born and Bred. Bring it on!!!!

How hard could this be? Yeah! finally I was going to enter a quiz and get 100% correct! My brain told me this was cheating. Cheat, cheat, cheat. But I just ignored it and continued. So, on with the questions Mr 'I made a quiz which is completely pointless' Master.

Of course I know what Big Ben is, are you mad? Doesn't the whole world?

Yes I know about Wimbledon too, OK, so maybe the whole world doesn't know that one, but I bet most of it does. Is this the best you got Mr. Quiz Master??? lolol, it's so damn easy it's like taking candy from a baby. I don't know why I'm bothering really. But I go on.


Fish, yes I know what you buy with it, I should do, I've eaten enough of them in my time. They never tasted as good as when I was a child and ate them out of newspaper though. Boy, the European Community has a lot to answer for. Hygiene, Health and Safety? Who the hell got ill from having their fish and chips out of newspaper? But no, we Brits loved that tradition, so you stripped it away, a bit like our pounds and ounzes, you took those too didn't you, said we HAD to move over to kilograms. Do you know how bloody long the shopping takes when you have to stand and mentally convert the kilograms into pounds and ounzes before you know whether it's a fair price, well do you? No of course you don't, and you wouldn't care if you did. Don't try to pull the wool over our eyes and say it's to bring us into line with Europe, what's wrong with Europeans sparing time to do the conversions whilst on hols here. Damn, if they can learn our language, a bit of math isn't going to phase them is it? No more excuses, remember, I have OCD, and I know how to use it!

Our countries unofficial National Anthem? Easy, peasy, I'm English. Hello!

What were the Beatles? Oh My God. This is getting tedious now. Why oh why do I partake of these things?

I finished the other questions and hit submit. Eagerly awaiting my results.

How I love to be right. Easy. (cheat, cheat, cheat)




You are 79% English.





You are either native and stupid, or you are foreign and knowledgeable.
"And did those feetIn ancient times,Walk upon England's mountains green?And was the holy Lamb of GodIn England's pleasant pastures seen?"
Well, no, but it's a cracking good tune.

How English are you?
Create a Quiz


Bugger. Native and stupid it is then! lol


11 comments:

Mike said...

Jeez Ali, and you moan about me drivelling on lol.

I'm only joking with you.

I was surprised to learn in the news last week that Brussels is very kindly letting us keep our pint measures in pubs. WTF's it got to do with them anyway? OOOOHHHH GGGRRRRR Don't get me started.

Ali said...

That's kind of them, I hope they keep their bloody Brussels too... can't stand the things!! lol... GGGRRRRRRR right back at ya!

Cherrie said...

That result says more to me about the shortcomings of the quiz than it does about you!

The U.S. is too diverse for a quiz like that to work, but I bet there's one out there.

Ali said...

Cherrie ~ You always come up with rational explanation for me.. lol .. thx.

In Ink said...

97%! Congratulations! You may now take your place as a subject of Her Majesty. "And did those feet In ancient times, Walk upon England's mountains green? And was the holy Lamb of God In England's pleasant pastures seen?" Well, no, but it's a cracking good tune.

Elaine Denning said...

I got 87%.
I think I got my name and age wrong.

Ali said...

Michael ~ way to go! that's a pretty high score

Miss U ~ lol, i must have got them wrong to, and a few more!!

In Ink said...

A pretty high score??? If I hadn't called the Beatles a bunch of scousers I'd be Queen now...

Oh, wait a minute...

Ali said...

Michael ~ lol. I tried it again, after seeing what you and Laney scored... I scraped a measley 81%.. lol... still stupid!!!

In Ink said...

Not stupid, just not 100% English. Is that a bad thing?

Ali said...

If I'm not 100% English, what am I? On second thoughts...lol ... don't answer that!!!