Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Haiku

I have enjoyed my last year at college. I have always loved learning, and the creative side of me has basked in the challenges I have faced with this new art form of photography.

Many of you have shared my journey with my blog entries. I think I spared you all from the macro flora project, apart from the lily stamens I posted in one of my 26things entries. It was one of my favourite bits, I astonished myself with some of the photographs, and I think that was the point my life long interest became more of a passion.

Feeling a little lost now that it is all over, I have written a little Haiku about each of the projects we covered during the course.

Project One:

Black and White Film
Processed myself in Dark Room
Oh Wow. I did it.

Project Two:

Flora in Macro
Pollen granules shown so clear
Reversed lens, hand held.

Project Three:

Movement with people
Motorbikes, football and beach
With panning technique.

.. and more:

Tin, Paint, Sticky Tape
Expose Paper, Fingers Crossed,
Pinhole Photographs.

Friends

Room full of strangers
All with a shared interest
Strangers became friends.

11 comments:

Ali said...

Biby ~ Thanks for your comment, hope you visit this side of the moon again soon

Elaine Denning said...

You're getting pretty damn good at these Ali. I have trouble counting to 5 most days!

Do we get to see all the work you submitted for the exam?

Mike said...

Yeah come on Ali, lets take a peep at all your stuff. Is there any more advanced courses you could go on?

Ali said...

Laney ~ Do you want to see it all then? I think I have already blogged most of them to be honest. Motorbikes and Football I'm sure I included somewhere, and my pinholes?? I can certainly blog the flora ones if you really want to see them... any excuse to talk photography!!!! lol

Hope you're doing OK Laney. x

Ali said...

Mike ~ You want to peek huh?? lol..

OK guys, you did ask, remember that won't you!! I will look out my digi files and compress them (blogger hates my 10,000,000 pixels at high res!!!, can't understand why!!)

In Ink said...

Inspiration springs
Thief stealing an idea
A post for his blog

Ali said...

Michael ~ Brilliant! Just Brilliant!

In Ink said...

Well I stole it....but it made my head hurt and mine wasn't as good as yours. It's a start though.

Ali said...

Micheal ~ lol, can't fault you for your honesty!!!

cathy said...

Haiku is always
an excellent way to find
work for idle minds.

It shouldn't rhymne though
so let's have another go
rats I failed again

Ali said...

Cathy ~ great Haiku, but you misunderstood me.. I said I loved SIBLING rivalry!!!!

Just kiddin' x