Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



More Photographs

I have two things to say.

1. Apologies for what follows for anyone who is bored of seeing my photographic efforts this year and DIDN'T ask to see more.

2. The rest of you - you brought this on yourselves!!!

At the request of many of you, (who am I kidding, I don't even have 'many' readers!!), at the request of a few of you, I am posting some more of the photographs that I have been working on for my exam. Not all of these have been 'photoshoped' but when I open that baby up I'm at the computer for hours!!!!!!!!! So, lack of time means you get them as they are, and it also means I can shut the hell up and just leave you with these.



The first picture was taken from the middle of the outer harbour at low tide, and the angle of the shot was influenced by a wonderful photograph Miss U sent me sometime last year which I call Ripples in the Sand. Hers is much better than this one though.


Again on the harbour bed, one of the massive chains which the fishermen use to moor their boats too when they are not out working.


A strange angle, but that was the exam brief, but I love this photo.


The Old Lighthouse at Dungeness. I have posted photographs taken at Dungeness before, it's one of those stark, wilderness landscapes, on the coast which was most famous for the nuclear power stations located there. These are in the process of being de-comissioned.


The cloisters at Canterbury Cathedral. I loved the way the shadows fell across the cold stone flagged floor, and the pillars were amazing.


My own composition from a mind that wondered what if? And it worked!


Pilon. Enough said. Rodchenko, who I had to research, or that Russian bloke as Laney so eloquently put it, did a similar shot, so I had to respond to that.


A part of the play area along the coastal park that the council built below the Leas in Folkestone. It's a magnet for families with young children and a wonderful place to keep the kids entertained for free. There are lots of BBQ areas and picnic tables situated along the way so you can even cook your lunch while the little ones play. Just across the pathway is the view below.


What more could you want?


Obvious I know, a tree. Again, an unusual angle in response to research I had done.


Another shot from the cloisters at Canterbury Cathedral.


A lonely little rowing boat in the harbour at Folkestone. In the background is one of our unique landmarks, a Martello Tower.



And finally, my favourite place - again. The Canal at Hythe. The composition was inspired by my research of another photographer who had made a bench the main focus of his picture. I love the tall shadows of the daffodils that spill out onto the pathway.

So, there you have it. A small fraction of the photo's I actually shot. I do get a bit click happy when I have a camera in my hand!!

Those who didn't ask to see these will be relieved to know that I have now finally finished my course. YES!!! What will I do with all the spare time I will have on my hands?

Hopefully, I am going to get started in Wedding Photography at weekends, and then who knows!!

6 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

Oh My God.

Ok....first things first. Had I not known that "angles" was the brief you were given, I'd have guessed it immediately, which means Ali, I think you succeeded in accomplishing what was expected of you. There are some incredible shots in there...and strangely enough, lol, what I love about them are the angles!

That bench is awesome. So is the rowing boat. The play area is so heavily based on angles, it looks like an Escher piece. F***ing fantastic!

I don't want to ramble on like your teacher, but I can't go without mentioning the wine glasses. Ali...it's genius. I looked at it for ages, and finally said "Oh yeah!!!!"

Have you named it yet?

I think you should call it:
"Pissed."

Wishing you loads of luck. xx

PS. WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY?? ARE YOU MAD???

Do you want a hint?

Remember to take the lens cap off. x

In Ink said...

Well I asked...and you delivered! Some very ineresting shots and I'm with Miss U on the wine glasses. Outstanding!

8/10

Ali said...

Laney ~ How did I know you would like the wine glasses!!! I even did that part of the work in the correct order... ideas first then photos, I was amazed that it worked out exactly as I had planned. (Will email you the write up I did before the photo's if you're interested) I was trying to create an image that made the viewer stop and think, to pause briefly while the brain asked 'how?' From what you said, I think I succeeded.

PS - Wedding photography is easier to get started in than most other stuff. Not where my heart lies, but it is where the money lies!

Michael ~ So glad you liked some of my work, especially the wine glasses. It was kinda fun to take an idea that started from nothing and develop it into a successful photo shoot. (I'll let you into a little secret though, it's only cranberry juice in the glasses, couldn't risk spilling good wine now could I?!!!!)

In Ink said...

Cranberry juice? CRANBERRY JUICE?!?

That changes eveything.

~Sob~

Mike said...

I've just spent ages writing a lengthy comment about your photos and the bloody thing has disappeared. GGrrrr. I'm not writing it all out again. Nice pics anyway.

Ali said...

Michael ~ I put the wine to much better use!!

Mike ~ So, what you're really saying is I'm not worth the bother huh? Cheers 'mate'!!! lol