Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



SOS Earthquake Appeal

Still suffering from a severe lack of time to write, I thought I would cop out and share this email with you all that my daughter sent me following the earthquake in Folkestone last Saturday....

IT Barman, I just know, being a local, you are going to find it as funny as I did, but I hope it gives the rest of my readers a bit of light relief too.

An earthquake measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale hit in the morning of Saturday 28 April.

Epicentre: off the Kent coast, near Folkestone.

Victims were seen wandering around aimlessly muttering "bleedin 'ell" and "gor'nbennett" The earthquake decimated the area causing approximately £30.00 worth of damage. Several priceless collections of mementoes from the Balearics, Spanish Costas and the local market were damaged beyond repair. Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed. Many locals were woken well before their giro arrived.

Radio Kent News reported that hundreds of residents were confused and bewildered, still trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting had happened in Folkestone. One resident - Tracy Sharon
Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said

"It was such a shock, my little Chardonnay Mercedes came runnin' into my bedroom cryin'. My younges' two, Ashley 'n' Brooklyn, slep' froo it all. I was still shakin' when I was watchin' Trisha later that mornin'."

Apparently though, looting, muggings and car crime did carry on as normal. Rescue workers found one girl in the rubble smothered in blood;

"Where are you bleeding from?" they asked her.
"Bleedin' Dartford," said the girl "woss that gotta do wiv it?"

The British Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of Sunny Delight to the area to help the stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings, which include benefit books, jewelry from Elizabeth Duke at Argos and Bone China from Poundland.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?


This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing, parcels for those unfortunate to be caught up in this disaster. Clothing is most sought after, items most needed include:

Fila or Burberry baseball caps, Kappa tracksuit tops (his and hers), shell suits (female), white sport socks, Rockport boots and any other items usually sold in Primark. Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same. Required foodstuffs include Microwave meals, tins of baked beans, ice cream and cans of Colt45 or Special Brew.

22p buys a biro for filling in the compensation forms, £2.00 buys chips, crisps and blue fizzy drinks for a family of 9, £5.00 will pay for a packet of B&H and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.


Please do not send tents for shelter, as the sight of posh housing is unfair on the population of neighbouring areas of Dover, Deal and Sandwich.


Much of this made me giggle, but the last part, about the posh housing... had me in fits!!! I was going to apologise in advance in case I offended anyone who was reading this that actually lived in Dover, Deal or Sandwich, but then I thought:
'If you live there, you MUST have a sense of humour, so there is nothing to apologise for!!!'

11 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

This was hilarious!

There was a similar one going around a few years ago, all about Essex. I can't for the life of remember what had happened...perhaps you can? Flood or something? It's been bugging me for days!

Mike said...

There was one similar for the Dudley earthquake "disaster". I was trying to remember some of the jokes the last time I commented on here but I can't for the life of me remember a single one of them. Hope it's not alzheimers creeping in. Wait... that reminds me of a joke.....

I might have alzheimers but at least I haven't got alzheimers!

Sorry :(

Ali said...

Mike ~ you call that a joke???????? Damn, I've had more laughs at a the dentist!!! lol

It's a bit like the "I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure"

or... no, really, it's Friday enough with the jokes!

Get that brain working, I want to hear the Dudley jokes.

Have a great weekend x

Mike said...

Dudley earthquake appeal.....

Please do not send tents for shelter, as the sight of "posh" housing is unfair on the population of neighbouring areas of Gornal, Oldbury and Sedgley.

Have a good weekend yourself x

Mike said...

One more lol

The earthquake decimated the area, causing approximately £30 worth of damage.

IT Barman said...

Hi Ali,

That is superb, I have seen it before but still makes me chuckle

Ali said...

Laney ~ Did you eat my comment to you? It's gone!!! I'm sure it was there after I typed it. I can't remember what I said now either!! lol...

Ali said...

IT ~ It's a shame you had already seen it, but I just knew you would enjoy it!!

Cherrie said...

At first I thought non-Brits need not apply here, but if I substitute the names of rich coastal communities in America it becomes quite funny to me, too!

Anonymous said...

'ckin' brill!

Ali said...

Cherrie ~ It doesn't mean much if you don't know the locations does it, fab idea to replace them with ones you know!

Nicholas ~ glad you enjoyed it!! and thanks for stopping by, come back soon