Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Good Morning

The evening was warm, having just finished the darts match, a couple of friends, G and I headed back to our local pub for a swift one before heading home for the night.

The mood was jovial. Other friends in the pub when we arrived greeted us cheerily and the guys were exchanging banter, like only guys can.

I had a very interesting, and hopefully rewarding conversation, with one of the football lads. His father-in-law is a wedding photographer, and he lives at the bottom of my road. A couple of months ago, before I completed my course at college, he said he would be happy for me to accompany him on a job or two, but nothing had come of it.

Tonight, this lad asked me if I was still wanting to shadow him. I jumped at the chance. This could be the push I need to give me the confidence and some basic knowledge to go for it myself. He explained a little bit about his F in L and how he works. A bit about his pricing structure and how he plans it out. He talked about having produced his father-in-laws website too. It's what he studied at Uni apparently.

He is going to check back with his F in L and hopefully, very soon, I will go on my first official Wedding Shoot!

Tonight, a friend of mine came round to discuss her wedding plans for next year. She asked me about a month ago if I would do her photographs. She has seen a lot of my work, being the soon to be wife of one of the footy lads, and says she has every confidence in my ability as a photographer... shite.. this earning a living at it is getting serious now!!!! Help!!! lol

Arriving home, I realised how quickly the clock had spun round that dial, and G and I went straight to bed. In no time at all, his breathing rate changed. It became much slower, and much heavier. Why, oh why, oh why can't I fall asleep that easily? I so often lay there, listening to his rythmic exhalations and cursing that I am still wide awake.

I even, briefly, thought about getting up again and writing here. I thought better of it. I know once I am ensconsed in front of this screen I am here for far too long for my own good. So there I lay. At some point, not too long after, the sleep fairy came and turned my brain off.

Sleeping.
1 am
Peaceful.
2 am
Restful.
3 am
Sleeping.
4 am
Relaxed.
5 am

"Aagghh, AAHHH, AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH" *flailing around the bed*

G sat bolt upright. Startled. Eyes wide.

"ssssSSSSSS, Ooouchhhhhh" *squirming, face distorting in pain*

His sub-conscious was assessing the danger, whilst the consciousness caught up.

"HOLY SHIT. Oh My GOD. AAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"What's up" the words came quickly. The eyes still trying to focus from their rude awakening, but the brain had woken at the first almighty scream. His face was full of concern and maybe a little bewilderment. Hardly suprising really.

"Leg. aaAAGGHHHHH. Cramp. Jesus Christ, shit, fekking hell aaHHHHHHHHHHH" *still flailing around like a child having a tantrum. The pain was so intense. It felt like I imagine being branded with a ret hot, glowing iron would feel. Seering, unbearable, unimaginable pain.

"Which one"?

"Left" I whispered, gritting my teeth and trying not to scream again. 5am is not a particularly convenient time to wake the household.

Without another moments hesitation, G grabbed my leg, and began to lovingly massage my calf until the physical effects of the cramp had subsided sufficiently for me to relax enough to stop reeling and swearing.

"Thanks darling"

"Morning" he replied, bright as a button.


Why I am still in love with my husband - Reason NÂș 157

10 comments:

In Ink said...

~shudder~ Weddings! They scare the crap out of me. I've done two...reluctantly. You screw up a wedding once. No second chances. Good luck.

:o)

ellie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ellie said...

I want someone to massage my leg when I wake up with cramp :(


Good luck with the wedding photos, I'm sure you will be fine. Just do what you do and enjoy the experience

Mike said...

This F in L thing... I'm a bit confused as to what it means. Would it be used in the context of "how the F in L does this work" ?

Elaine Denning said...

You're such a brave woman Ali for even considering weddings! Having said that, I have complete faith in you.

G really is a star, isn't he?
I hope you've picked up on some of his wonderfulness, because we may just be sharing a room soon....

Ali said...

Michael ~ That's the bit that scares the shoite out of me!!! My friends wedding will be fine I'm sure.

Ali said...

Ellie ~ God knows what was going through his mind initially when I woke him up!

Mike ~ It doesn't take much does it! lol. F in L = Father in Law - D'oh!!!

Ali said...

Laney ~ lolol.. I thought you were going to say you expect the same treatment when you stay here!!!

I will massage anything you like love ;p)

Mike said...

Well I thought my joke was F in Funny lol. Thanks for the explanation (rolls eyes) x

Cherrie said...

Let us know how the apprentice wedding shoots go--sounds like it could be fun!

Here, let me help massage that cramp for you . . .