Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Fridays 55-Fiction

Crikey, Friday has come around again so quickly! I'm sure I can't have had 7 sleeps, 7 eats and 7 ... well, I can't believe it's been a week since my firt 55-Fiction.

Fiction is not my strongest writing form, not that I don't have imagination, but writing about feelings from the heart and experiences in life, is always easier for me. However, spurred on by the encouraging comments last week after my very first 55-Fiction, I have written this one for all those who requested something 'happier'!


Their greatest desire, to have two children, though even the first seemed elusive. Each month, another failure. IVF failed 3 times and was not offered a fourth. Desperate, they took the road of adoption.

One month after their new daughter came to live, a miracle was discovered. The family of four would soon be complete.

I'm cheating here a little maybe, but brainblock is a terrible thing! I need suggestions for broad based topics on which to base my next 55-Fiction... all ideas greatfully received.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

14 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

Aww, that was lovely!

Ok...you want happy things, right?

Winning the lottery
Orgasms

And I can't think of any more cos I'm too distracted by Tigger. He looks so cute when you wiggle the mouse round in circles on his head, lol.

Ali said...

Isn't he just, and unlike at the zoo, you can feed him too...

Thanks for the suggestions, I knew I could rely on you. x

In Ink said...

Great work Ali! How about a 55 on your worst ever dating experience. That's always good for a laugh.

Ali said...

Michal ~ I'll put my thinking cap on!! It'll be something from my teen years (God, can my memory stretch back that far??), because I've been married since I was 19!

In Ink said...

Good luck. I could write a book of 55's with mine :)

Ali said...

Michael ~ lol, mind you, following the rules of 'Fiction' I could write about anything!!! hmmmmm.

cathy said...

writing 55's is murder, well in my case.

How about a whodunnit.

ellie said...

I love these, sorry I can't think of a decent topic for you. Keep em coming

Ali said...

Cathy ~ A whodunnit!! hmmmmmm. Great topic, thx.

Ellie ~ Too many late nights my girl!!!! ;o)

In Ink said...

Wouldn't be much of a whodunnit if your principle character had laid it all out in their blog c/w tips for offing the victim from other bloggers. You might want to avoid that approach Ali.

:-D

Ali said...

Michael ~ I reckon thats great advice!!! lol, it would be a really bad plot wouldn't it! ;o)

In Ink said...

Set the story in Greece and it wouldn't matter. Those cops couldn't find their asses with both hands. They like the color of money though. I guess both of those things could add a new dimension to your story. Hard to fit into 55 words.

Ali said...

Michael ~ so what you're saying is, bump someone off in Greece and bung the cops a big one!

In Ink said...

~blushing again~