Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Holidays

The week is half way through and my mind is firmly on my upcoming holiday.

I fly out to Spain on Sunday and still I only have a packing list in my head. That really isn't a safe place to store anything in my world! More stuff gets lost in there than in the Bermuda Triangle, I swear.

I really should start making a list, on paper. Better still I should actually start putting things in a suitcase.

My first ever 'girly' holiday. No men. My travelling companions are my 2 daughters, aged 17 & 21, and my younger sister. The plan is simple. Get to Spain, behave like teenagers. That's it!

Of course, as is life's way, there's always more to consider than just the preferred 'simple' plan! Other plans involve copious amounts alcohol, food and factor 60 sunscreen for me. I have an allergy to the sun. *help*

I have just checked the weather forecast for the next 10 days and the temps are ranging between 77 & 85º *ouch*, for the rest of the world thats 25 & 29º. Over the years, I have come to the conclusion that a high dose of sun early in the summer builds a little resistance to it for the rest of the season, so I have been having sunbeds for the last 3 weeks in the hope that I won't get bitten quite so violently when I get out there. We shall see if it works.

I am so excited, I already feel like a teenager. My youngest and my sister have never flown before and so the excitement for them will begin immediately. I have only flown once, 2 years ago when I visited the east coast of America; nothing like jumping in at the deep end with a long haul!!!

The diet of course will go out the window, totally!!! 'All Inclusive' holidays seem like a good idea at the time, but I'm sure it's just a pen name for 'I'll make you all friggin fat you greedy fekking gits' holidays. What are you to do? You pays your money ... you makes your choice! Why does my brain already tell me that because I am on an all inclusive holiday I have to eat and drink as much as possible to get my moneys worth!!?? lol.

The drinking definitely won't be a problem, but the food, I really should make myself behave. I should make that inner voice go on it's own flippin holiday, the other side of the world, but I know it won't. Food is one of my few vices in life, and I'm addicted to it.




9 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

You're gonna have an absolute blast..
And we'll have equally as much fun looking at the pictures!

Me and Rob went to Tenerife on an all inclusive.
Oh. My. God.
Make sure you book a trip to the health farm when you get back :)

Ali said...

Laney ~ I am really looking forward to it. Will give me time to get my head around a few things I have going on here.

Any recommendations for the health farm? lol

In Ink said...

Is Spain ready for you? Did you warn them you were coming?!

Have yourself a great time!

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh how fabulous!
I am a great one for making lists, then I make a list of my lists! Good for packing though as you can check you haven't left anything behind in Spain!

have a great time, looking foreward to the pictures! Don't spend too much on my presents! LOL!

Ali said...

Michael ~ I don't know the answer to that!! but I'm sure gonna have fun finding out!!

Mrs N ~ Great idea about taking the packing list with you to check you don't leave anything behind!

I was gonna buy you a really expensive pressie Denise, but if you insist, I won't. lol

In Ink said...

I make no stipulation at all as to the cost of my pressies. They can be as expensive as you like. I'm particularly fond of donkeys wearing hats and diamond encrusted sunglasses.

(Way to shoot yourself in the foot Mrs N)

:oD

George said...

You'll have all summer to recover so go wild.

Mike said...

There's no debating this one, you should stuff yourself stupid!

If you take a before and after photo of your belly we can all amuse ourselves by guessing how much weight you've put on :)

Have a fantastic holiday.

Ali said...

Michael ~ no problem honey, a hat wearing donkey with a pair of diamond encrusted sunglasses it is then.

George ~ You are so right, and wild was what I had in mind too..lol. Thanks for stopping by George.

Mike ~ same wavelength huh!! lol. Love the idea of the before and after shots!!!!