Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Always

As you know, I occasionally like to share the dreaded email 'funny' with you all if it appeals to my sense of humour, then I guess it might appeal to a wider audience too.

One of my college friends from last year sent me this beauty. I could almost have written it myself!!! All male readers may like to hit their 'back' button at this point!

This is an actual letter sent to American company Proctor and Gamble regarding their feminine products. She really gets rolling after the first paragraph...



Dear Mr. Thatcher,

I have been a loyal user of your Always maxi pads for over 20 years and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the Leak Guard Core(tm) or Dri-Weave(tm) absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favourite feature has to be your revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants.

Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from "the curse"? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my "time of the month" is starting right now. As I type, I can already feel hormonal forces violently surging through my body. Just a few minutes from now, my body will adjust and I'll be transformed into what my husband likes to call "an inbred hillbilly with knife skills." Isn't the human body amazing?


As Brand Manager in the Feminine-hygiene Division, you've no doubt seen quite a bit of research on what exactly happens during your customers' monthly visits from "Aunt Flo". Therefore, you must know about the bloating, puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our intense mood swings, crying jags, and out-of-control behaviour. You surely realize it's a tough time for most women. In fact, only last week, my friend Jennifer fought the violent urge to shove her boyfriend's testicles into a George Foreman Grill just because he told her he thought Grey's Anatomy was written by drunken chimps. Crazy! The point is, sir, you of all people must realize that America is just crawling with homicidal maniacs in Capri pants... which brings me to the reason for my letter.

Last month, while in the throes of cramping so painful I wanted to reach inside my body and yank out my uterus, I opened an Always maxi-pad, and there, printed
on the adhesive backing, were these words:


Have a Happy Period.

"Are you fuc * ing kidding me? What I mean is, does any part of your tiny middle-manager brain really think happiness - actual smiling, laughing happiness is possible during a menstrual period? Did anything mentioned above sound the least bit pleasurable? Well, did it, James? FYI, unless you're some kind of sick S&M freak girl, there will never be anything "happy" about a day in which you have to jack yourself up on Motrin and Kahlua and lock yourself in your house just so you don't march down to the local Walgreen's armed with a hunting rifle and a sketchy plan to end your life in a blaze of glory. For the love of God, pull your head out, man!

If you just have to slap a moronic message on a maxi pad, wouldn't it make more sense to say something that's actually pertinent, like "Put Down the Hammer" or "Vehicular Manslaughter Is Wrong", or are you just picking on us?

Sir, please inform your Accounting Department that, effective immediately, there will be an $8 drop in monthly profits, for I have chosen to take my maxi-pad business elsewhere. And though I will certainly miss your Flex-Wings, I will not for one minute miss your brand of condescending bull sh*t. And that's a promise I will
keep.


Always. Wendi Aarons, Austin, TX


Don't you just love men!

19 comments:

Cherrie said...

Oh, periods! I am so glad that part of my life is over! And the idea of putting happy little messages on the adhesive strips had to come from a man!

Did you know our FDA just approved a birth control pill that will eliminate your periods? Now that will be a huge seller!

Unknown said...

No, you're surely kidding? What kind of moron would be so suicidally inclined as to even suggest we have a happy day whilst suffering the 'joys' of menstruation? They should put him in a room with a 'cross' section of his customer base for some cutting edge market research, heheheh!

Ali said...

Cherrie ~ Glad I don't have to contend with them any longer myself, but no woman would ever dare to have written that would they!

Pauline ~ You are my kind of woman. I LOVE your suggestion for his market research, bagsy first in the queue!

Elaine Denning said...

The words "George Foreman Grill" and "testicles" were made for each other, don't you think?

Hilarious!

In Ink said...

Oh puhlease! That idea probably came from a whole bunch of market research people including women.

For another good letter of complaint see

http://www.e-jokes.net/true/003.htm

cathy said...

Actually I've got mine now and once I find that stupid bugger of a MANager and stuff his head up his own ass I will have a few choice words for my little brother!

In Ink said...

Cathy - you don't scare me.

~sticks tongue out~

Neener neener neener.

~runs away~

In Ink said...

Just for the exercise I should have added.

Ali said...

Elaine ~ They sound like a perfect combination don't they! Well spotted! lol

Michael ~ No woman would have consented to printing that on the paper strip, seriously, do you not like living???

Cathy ~ don't be too choosy with you words..lol... fire with both barrels woman, you can always blame the hormones later.

Michael ~ Not being scared of an hormonal woman is bad enough, not being afraid of an hormonal sister is soooooooooooooo much more of a mistake!!! lol

ellie said...

What next? Haemorrhoid cream with smile printed on the extra long extender nozzle?

Ali said...

Ellie ~ Does haemorrhoid cream have an extra long extender nozzle then? How do you know that?

In Ink said...

Yes I like living, sometimes at least, and they are thousands of miles away so I can say whatever I want without fear of retribution :)

And yes, haemorrhoid cream does have an extra long extender nozzle, it's called an Index Finger.

In Ink said...

So I'm told.

Mike said...

Hormonal women eh? George Foreman Grills and testicles?.... I'm out of here.

IT Barman said...

Great complaint letter, I know when I need to leave the house for a week every month, for some reason though the company will not put me up in a hotel even when i tell them its for my own saftey. Great pics of your hols Ali.

Dan said...

The Thought for the Day is excellent. We're sort of like fish looking for water. We never find it because we're actually in it.

ellie said...

Ali, I use it regularly on my eyes ... works better than all those expensive gels too!

Ali said...

Michael ~ ".....without fear of retribution ".... you're delusional my friend, quick, ring for a doctor.

Mike ~ You big wuss, come back here, the grill is almost up to temperature!

IT ~ You'd think your employer could be a bit more understanding wouldn't you, have they never heard of compassionate leave??

Ali said...

Dan ~ When I was suffering hard times 18 months ago, our dear friend Laney told me "remember, a woman is like a tea-bag, you never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water" That has stuck with me ever since, and I think it is very true about most of the population.

Ellie ~ Now see, I'm in two minds as to whether you are winding me up or telling me the truth! If I believed you and said "Really, I'll have to try that myself" I'm gonna look like a right twat aren't I, if you're bluffing. Next you'll be telling me a haggis has two short legs and two long legs!