Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Infectious

I have one friend, (no, I have a few, but this is about one of them),well actually it's my husbands boss, who emails me absolutely EVERYTHING he gets. He obviously has a group setting on his email and just forwards everything without a second thought. A lot of it is not very funny at all. Some of it is quite amusing, but the point is, there is no assessment in what he forwards. Normally I guess this wouldn't be so bad, but the mail account he uses I only check about once a month, and the average content would be about 250 emails, from him alone!!! I just don't have the time to read them all, so I select my viewing material by title alone.

It seems like an ungrateful way to treat the kind thoughts of including me in all his jokes. On the other hand, only a small percentage actually appeal to me anyway.

I personally, try not to forward everything I get, rather just the emails/jokes which touch me in some way, whether thats by thought or laughter, or both (I'm a woman, I can multitask!). What follows is one such email I received. Although I have read this before, it still makes me stop and think when I read it again, so I am sharing it with you. (That, and the fact I have no time to write anything else today!)


Smiling is infectious; you catch it like the flu,
When someone smiled at me today, I started smiling too.

I passed around the corner and someone saw my grin,
When he smiled, I realized, I’d passed it on to him.

I thought about that smile, and then I realized its worth,
A single smile, just like mine, could travel round the earth.

So if you feel a smile begin, don’t leave it undetected,
Let’s start an epidemic quick, and get the world infected!

13 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

*big cheesey grin from ear to ear*

HI ALI!!!

Ali said...

Laney ~ Thank you, I will pass it on. x

In Ink said...

:o)

mrsnesbitt said...

Love it!
Will add you to my blog list hoineybunch if that's OK!

Dx

Dan said...

I'm smiling Ali! :) <--- see

Ironically, I was very down yesterday, very blue. But when I got to work a guard, probably sensing this, gave me a smile. I automatically smiled back. I couldn't NOT smile back.

Walking to my desk, I contemplated writing a blog post on this small incident and the power of smiles. I may still. Thanks for making me smile! Hugs.

ellie said...

Smiles :) x

PS thanks for adding me to your links x

Ali said...

Michael ~ :o) right back at you

Mrs N ~ Add away, I already did!! :o)

Dan ~ You should have emailed me honey, I'd have dug out a special smiley post for you :o)

Ellie ~ :0)
I had to add you, it was getting tiresome going via Laneys blog all the time! Now you're at my fingertips. Love your blog x

Momentary Madness said...

absolutely. you know when I moved to Finland my usuak wont was to greet people I'd pass on the street especially in the neighbourhooh. My advice don't do it in Finland, they'll think your a looper- that's Dublin slang for stupid/off the wall. I miss that about Ireland people smile and nod,
it makes the day pleasent.
Y;-) Paddy: that's why I always sign off with a Y-for yours and a wink and a smile on every comment.

Ali said...

Paddy ~ A smile is one of the best medicines I know.
Y;-)

Cherrie said...

And through our blogs, a smile really can travel around the earth! Thanks for starting it off, Ali!

In Ink said...

Well hell...after reading this...depending on my situation I've been all..

:o)
(o:

and any other position you can put those smiley's in...all day!

Thank you Ali. I appreciated it and so did my colleagues and clients.

Good work!

Mike said...

I really hate spammy email jokes and such like. Hate hate hate hate hate them. And what's more, I refuse to read them. Period. The strange thing is though, I really like spammy text message jokes. There's just no logic to it.

Lovely words Ali. Here's a big smile from Staffordshire :D

PS You dare, you just dare try sending me a spammy email thinking you're being funny, big and clever. It'll be war I tell ye, war. lol x

Ali said...

Michael ~ A smiley anyway up is infectious, and my mum always told me variety is the spice of life!!

Mike ~ Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. I thought you knew me better than that by now Mr!!!!!

LOL.. you just dared (double dared) me!!!! ;o)