Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Fun at the Fair

As promised, here are a couple more of the photos I took on my travels last weekend for Wednesdays 'F' word, that I won't now need either!!

I am putting them up, not because they are technical works of art but for no other reason than I think they are fun! Ooh, another 'F'!!!!






So remember people, when you're on a ride, be careful whose pointing a camera at you!!!


Something a little light-hearted to go with it...

Irish Diet

An Irishman was terribly overweight, so his doctor put him on a diet.

"I want you to eat regularly for 2 days, then skip a day, and repeat this procedure for 2 weeks. The next time I see you, you should have lost at least 5 pounds."

When the Irishman returned, he shocked the doctor by having lost nearly 60 POUNDS!

"Why, that's amazing!" the doctor said, "Did you follow my instructions?"

The Irishman nodded..."I'll tell you though, by jaesuz, I t'aut I were going to drop dead on dat 3rd day."

"From the hunger, you mean?"

"No, from the f**kin' skippin", the Irishman said.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

The woman in the second pic looks like she's about to lose her lunch!
Love the joke too, very funny!

Ali said...

Pauline ~ If only she knew what a face she was pulling!!

Momentary Madness said...

Been there done that with the same face; terrified the bejaeus out of me.
Ali I told you not to tell anyone about the skippin'; for fuck sake!
Y;-) Paddy

Ali said...

Paddy ~ I didn't, you did!! See, I never actually said it was YOU did I???? I was trying to be discreet but now you've let the cat out of the bag!!! x

Michael said...

A friend of mine was knocked unconscious by a bird on one of those rides (second pic). Good job he didn't have his mouth open like the lady in the photo, he'd probably have swallowed it.

Ali said...

Micheal ~ Well at least he wouldn't have been hungry when he came to!!!

mrsnesbitt said...

LOL! Loved it...ouch!

Anonymous said...

Loving the terrified faces here.

Ali said...

Denise ~ :o)

Hope you're ready for tomorrow!! Can't wait to see everyone's photo's again.

Kate ~ Aren't they just brilliant!!

Mike said...

The bottom picture - The girl looks like she thinks she's about to die and the woman looks like she's about to chuck up.... fantastic.

Ali said...

Mike ~ I really enjoyed the short time I spent there, will definitely have to have another go next time the fair is in town

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Ali, that first photo is stunning to me. Great color and stop action.

Ali said...

DFP ~ It is one of my favourites too, I was lucky to capture these expressions, they look petrified!!!

cathy said...

I pull faces like that when I am drunk and sitting on a barstool!!!

Ali said...

Cathy ~ Welcome back, I've missed you.