Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



'C' is for ...

I couldn't decide what to photograph for this weeks entry, and procrastinated for so long that as of yesterday evening I still had no new shot to blog and I had to go to a training night which would take the rest of the evening!

On my way home from work, the sky was a lovely bright blue and the abundance of white, fluffy clouds depicted the bright summers day we'd had perfectly. I thought I would photograph the clouds for today and check which sort they were, cirrus, cumulus etc.. they all start with 'C', I thought maybe it would give Annie a run for her money trying to find the words I'd missed... lol. Then I began to think maybe that was a little lame and sort of last minute so whilst I got my kit on for training I put my thinking head on.

OK, thinking head. I'm a woman, I can multi-task right? hmmm. My journey to our HQ last night is about 45 miles and on the way I pass three of those big commercial chimneys which churn out smoke. You know the ones, massive round pots that look like they have been pinched in the middle, the ones that they often bring down with explosives when they have been de-commissioned. C is for Chimney.. yes, that would be more interesting.

I set of in the car and about 5 miles before my these the sun was beginning to sink in the sky, and the clouds were a little black. As the sun sank it was illuminating the clouds outline and I had this urge to photograph them, but there was nowhere for me to pull up and get out of the car so I continued. When I got near the chimneys, the vegetation, and the fencing around them prevented me from taking the sort of shot that I wanted, and the ones I took were not much to look at. From that point I could no longer see the gilt edged clouds either.

A little further down the road, I pulled into a layby, and although the suns shift in position had changed the overall appearance of the dark clouds, it was still a gorgeous sight and so, after all that, I have photographed:


'C' is for clouds





Just for Annie, I even included the Carriageway with a Car on it.
Have a great Wednesday everyone.

15 comments:

Mike said...

I just clicked on your picture to enlarge it. Guess what?

Great photo anyway.

There's a power station about ten miles from my house with great big chimney stacks. I thought about photographing them but at this time of year the clouds they form don't rise so high in the sky. But I'll get the shot I want come winter. I'm right stuck on D for next week. I've been thinking since last week.

Ali said...

Mike ~ lol, thank you honey. I haven't even begun to think of next weeks yet, only just done this one, although on the way home I did take a photograph to cover 'V'!!!

Momentary Madness said...

C is for COMELY like you Ali and your post/photo befits a verse from my favourite: "These are the clouds of michelangelo
Muscular with gods and sungold
Shine on your witness in the refuge of the roads

In a highway service station
Over the month of june
Was a photograph of the earth
Taken coming back from the moon
And you couldnt see a city
On that marbled bowling ball
Or a forest or a highway
Or me here least of all"
Y;-) Paddy

Ali said...

Paddy ~ You are very kind, and that is a beautiful verse. Thx for dropping in, hope you're doing OK. x

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing Mike did. I tried clicking on it to make it bigger.

Regardless of size though, I love this photo. Very nice and relaxing and very good use of Cs.

I'm stuck on E. What do I want to do for E. I already have D and F in my head.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali, nice to meet you. I love the sky at any time of the day or night and in all weathers so this photo is very appealing. How keen of you to stop on the way home to take it! :)
Looking forward to your 'D'.

Ali said...

DWQ ~ I love the sky, and I just couldn't resist this one. E??? wow, I gotta sort out a 'D' yet!! lol.

Walks ~ Ooohhh I love new visitors, thx for stopping by. I love the sky too, it never looks the same twice does it? I am working on ideas for 'D', am trying to be very good and take new photographs for each entry and not rely on photo's I have taken previously!!!

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Well size of the photo isn't important. I'll give you bonus points for having part of the 'C'ar in there.

mrsnesbitt said...

Wow! Fantastic, I too love the clouds...my head is usually there anyway! LOL!
I know what you mean about all ready thinking about next week......D is for...Denise????????????????

LOL!

NO!

RUTH said...

I love sky photos...this is so lovely. I've already decided on my D photo...unless I change my mind of course :o)

Ali said...

Digital ~ Thx for the bonus points!! If I collect enough points do I get a treat?? lol

Denise ~ It seems we all like the clouds/sky, I'm glad I settled on this photo now. Talking of thinking ahead, I find my self driving down the road, naming everything in sight to see if it would fit what I need to photograph!!!

Ruth ~ thanx. I have had a brainwave for my 'D' too, have attempted to photograph it tonight, but it's gonna need a mega fast shutter speed and there wasn't sufficient light. Will keep trying though. Can't wait to see everybody elses.

Annie said...

Happily, your cloudysky shows the current conditions in your part of the world.

But that's all the extra C's I care to contribute to clever you.

Ali said...

Annie ~ Brilliant!!! I just knew you would get some 'C's in there somehow!!

KaiBlue said...

That's a groovy picture Annie..Im diggin it and the fact you like Status quo.. Cum'on Sweet Caroline, you're my swee.. Well my singing is awful..lol..

Peace n fun, KAi. xx

Ali said...

Kai ~ LOL your singing sounded fine from here!!!! Thx for dropping in, looking forward to seeing if we get the same 'D' photograph next week!!! lol...