Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Centenery Blog Post

It's official! I'm 100 today. No, wait a minute, I'm not 100, but it's my 100th post, and I'm glad that this is the entry to hit the mark.

We all have different reasons for starting our journeys in the land of blogworld. Mine was to counterbalance another side of my life which had consumed way to much of my time, thoughts and sanity, especially my sanity. A place to be light-hearted, to share some of my loves and concentrate on the happier parts of my life which for long periods in the last few years I had forgotten even existed.

I soon found that this world was a very friendly, accepting place, and for nearly a year now, I have enjoyed my time here. I have made some good friends, and my daily round of visits to the blogs I link to provide me with smiles, laughs, and tears of joy. Sometimes, tears of sadness too, for what you all write, is written from the heart.

It pains me to lose one of my new found friends, and I hate that sometimes this may be because of something that hurtful, destructive people have brought about.

Pauline, was considering walking away recently, but having re-read some of her posts, some of the posts that her blog friends have written and the comments that have been left over time, she has decided not to let the buggers beat her. Her decision to stay, in part, was due to Akelamalu, for which I am thankful.

In return, she has awarded me with the following:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

as a small part of the reason she is staying put. I'm not sure that I deserve it, I am blown away, and I am very honoured to be included in her list of friends.

Pauline, thank you honey. x

As a recipient, I would now like to pass this on to the following people; I know a couple of you have already been presented with this, but I couldn't possibly leave you out:

Miss Understood Who befriended me before my blogging days when anyone with any sense would have run a mile. She helped me deal with things in my life at the time more than she will ever know, and was solely responsible for me joining blogland. (So you know who to blame!!!) She has become one of my closest friends on or offline and I can't wait for October when we finally get to meet. Elaine, you are truly an inspiration to everyone whose life you touch. x

Paddy I know you don't go in for this sort of thing Paddy, but your writing, and the insight you have shared with me over time is truly inspirational... so I give this to you whether you want it or not sweetie!! x

Mike whose photographic wonders never fail to amaze me and constantly inspire me to try to improve my own efforts. I have been lucky enough to see some which he has not yet published, and they are amazing. x

Dan What can I say. Your posts are so full of humour, they always make me smile and your amazing selfless acts for good causes inspire me to remember what is good in my life and not dwell on what I cannot change. You are a daily reminder of just how much good there is in people in this world, and I love you for that. x

Walksfarwoman A relatively 'new' friend, but nevertheless my visits to your blog always leave me with much to think about. Your huge heart and 100% acceptance of people from all walks of life are an inspiration to all who drop in. I love that you always go that extra mile to make your entries interesting and thought provoking. x

32 comments:

Dan said...

Ali, congratulations on #100! and congratulations on your award from Pauline. The blogosphere is a much kinder place for me since I discovered you!

And thanks so much for those kind words about me. I'm very touched by what you said (most people think I'm just touched). I love you too, for your gentleness and kindess.

Ali said...

Dan ~ lol, were you touched before or after you read my comment on your site this morning??

Mike said...

Wow, I've won an award!!! I'm deeply honoured.

I'd just like to take the opportunity to thank my parents for creating me in the first place, Jessops for allowing me to spend lots of money at their shop and Compaq for giving me a nice laptop to waste hours of my life on. I'm overcome with emotion now so I'd better go and dry my eyes.

Ali said...

Mike ~ You silly arse!! Did Compaq really GIVE you a laptop?? How do I get one of those for free??? lol

Elaine Denning said...

Has it really been almost a year? Jesus. Where does the time go?

Thank you Ali...not just for your far too kind words, or for the award, but for being such a dear friend to me. For listening to my rants, making me laugh, and for going out of your way to be there for me in the 'real' world. Your friendship really does mean the world to me. x

(And now I have to rezize the friggin' thing cos it doesn't fit in my sidebar!)

Ali said...

Laney ~ hahahaha, I did the same thing. I proudly placed it in my sidebar only to find the end had been cut off... good job the boss is on holiday!!!

Thx for your kind words too, although, after October you may change your mind... lol... or we may just find out that we are still both totally insane.. I think the latter is more likely don't you?

Anonymous said...

Dear Ali - I'm so happy for you getting this award, it may be just an image but one that goes around with a little bit of someone's heart attached to it - so I thank you for giving me a little bit of yours.

I could say you're lucky to have so many good friends online but luck has nothing to do, your personality shines in your posts as does your enthusiasm - keep being you. x

Ali said...

WFW ~ You are so right about it being more than an image and I thought long and hard about who I in turn wanted to pass it on to.

Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad my personality comes through

RUTH said...

Congratulations on your 100th post and your award. I agree with all you have said; there are some wonderful people in Blogworld...I don't know your friend Pauline (shall pay her a visit) but I am glad she has decided to continue her blog. :o)

Ali said...

Ruth ~ Thank you. It is unfortunate that there are many faceless people who have so little to fulfill their own lives that they try to destroy someone else's little corner of happiness.

I'm sure Pauline would be delighted if you dropped by.

Michael said...

Happy 100th smartass!

Akelamalu said...

I don't know what part I played in persuading Pauline but I'm glad she's carrying on.

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I'll be back here to read more if that's OK. :)

Unknown said...

I had just read the bit that said how much you hate to lose a friend and glancing down...I nearly died when I saw my name in red! For one split second I thought I'd done something to upset you. I quickly interrogated myself (self interrogation - a bit like self flagellation but a lot easier on the skin) "How, when, why, where, whaaat?" Then I read on... Ahh, panic over! Thanks for the mention (even though I needed oxygen and an ambulance lol) yours was one of the sites that helped me decide to stay. You make me laugh so much I nearly choke..hey are you trying to kill me?

david mcmahon said...

G'day Ali,

Congratulations on the century. I think your blog shows remarkable energy and a warm sense of embracing life.

I guess that's why we visit each other's blogs - we have a lot in common.

Bless you for your generous spirit.

Keep smiling

David

Ali said...

Michael ~ Did you smile... did you, huh, bet you did!!!!!

Akelamalu ~ I'm glad too, although having just read her comment here I nearly wet myself laughing...

You are welcome anytime. I need to put you in my link list if that's OK, else I forget to visit you!!! Bad memory... don't go there!!

Ali said...

Pauline ~ OMG. I have visions of you interrogating yourself honey... it's not pretty let me tell you!

Flagellation!!! wow, I hadn't heard that word in such a long time, and you are the second person to use it today, Dan also used it on his blog.

Hope the ambulance man was a hunk! x

Ali said...

David ~ Thank you so much, I'm touched (yes I know some of you were already aware of that!)

I try to find at least one reason to smile everyday, this last year I have found many.

Michael said...

No. I did not.










>;o(

Mike said...

Struck down with emotion yesterday I failed to congratulate you on your own award and your centenary.

Congratulations.

Ali said...

Don't tell me it didn't make you smile as if you were cross and then start drawing these cute expressions!!!!!

>;o(

It convinces no-one Mr. lolol


Mike ~ It's ok, please, really, don't worry about it. Seriously, it only took me 2 hours to cry myself to sleep, so please, don't mention it honey, it was nothing, I hardly even noticed!

;P)

Momentary Madness said...

100 congratulations, and thank you very much for the Award. I appreciate it deeply.
Y;-) Paddy

Ali said...

Paddy ~ I hope you are well and you are so welcome. ;)

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Congrats on the 100. Blogging for me is a bit of an escape and a chance to share things from my little corner of the world.

A toast to another 100!

Ali said...

DFP ~ Escape is good. It gives you a chance to keep life well balanced. Another 100?? I hope so. x

photowannabe said...

Hi Ali,
Congrats on the century mark. May there be another to celebrate too. I think that the blog world is a very special place to be and I am happy to be a part of it too.
Thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comments. Its most appreciated.
Love the dart collage for D day. good stuff.
Come visit again sometime and I will be back to read your very interesting posts.

david mcmahon said...

Looking forward to your next 100 ...

Annie said...

It was a happy day when I found your blog, Ali. Just think all I missed before! But that's the nice thing about blogger. I can go back and read till my heart's content.

Ali said...

Photowannabe ~ I love visiting your site, you take beautiful, well composed photographs. I see you son also has a good eye.

David ~ Another 100???? Gosh, that sounds like a lot from this end of it..lol.. but I really hope I am still around then.

Annie ~ Denise's ABC has certainly widened my circle of friends here, which is fantastic, and of course we all share a common interest in photography too!!!

david mcmahon said...

You will be, for sure. Enjoy it ....

Anonymous said...

Dear Ali - Gotcha!

Hope you'll accept the award waiting for you at my place.x

Anonymous said...

Happy 100th post Ali and wishing you many more to come. oxoxox

Ali said...

Kate ~ Thx sweetie. x