Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Matchsticks anyone?

I am stuggling today, to stay awake and concentrate. Work is very quiet, unfortunately, and I am in serious danger of dropping off to sleep!

Yesterday was a busy day in the office, worked like a beaver. In my re-ignited efforts to lose weight and get fit, I left the office at 5pm and drove straight to the gym.

Quick warm up on the bike, followed by some stretches, then straight onto the arc-trainer. Gee, that little sucker really works you.

10 minutes later:

I don't think I can do the full 20 mins today, I'm knackered already

Dont' you dare give up half way through

But, honest, I can't make ANOTHER 10

Of course you can woman. Dig in there.

Ok, maybe just another 5 then. Shite. Can I make another 5?

Shut up and get on with it.

5 more minutes go by:

Oh My God.

Now What?

I'm getting off... right now

Stay where you are woman, you're nearly there now

But...

No buts. Remember that chinese you ate? Well it's not gonna shift on it's own now is it?

Damn you brain.

Finally, after the full 20 minutes, I got off and moved onto the next piece of equipment. A whole hour and a half I was having these conversations with myself. Who needs a flippin conscience anyway? lol

When I finally got home, I was a sweaty mess. I was about to jump in the shower when I got a text. Expecting it to be from one of my girls, I grabbed my phone to read it.

Hell. A call out for Search and Rescue. I paused momentarily, trying to evaluate if I could find enough energy to go on the shout. It was in my own home town, which is quite unusual, most of the call outs are about 50 miles away. How could I not go? Someone somewhere was in trouble, and their families needed them found, and quickly.

I responded that I would be at the R.V. point in half an hour. Threw a cup of tea down my neck, had a quick lick and promise in the bathroom, kitted up and left home again.

The search took place in a very steep banked, woody area and I so wished I had not listened to my conscience at the gym. This was a whole weeks work-outs in one hit!! lol.

I finally arrived home at 22:30, I jumped in the shower and that was about as much as I could manage, still in need of my dinner, but too exhausted to cook.

On the other side of the coin, think how much that outing is going to help my diet this week!!! Every cloud has a silver lining!!

21 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

I still have an image in my mind of you having a quick lick and a promise in the bathroom.

London, here I come. Woohoo!

Seriously Ali...good for you for getting back out there. It couldn't have been easy. x

Ali said...

Laney ~ After what you said in the first 2 lines of your last email, and now this ... I'm beginning to think you're coming on to me!!!

(No Mike, we won't take photo's for you, down boy!!!)

Unknown said...

Great effort x2! Was your search successful?

Ali said...

Pauline ~ Thx very much. Unfortunately not, which undoubtedly means tragic news for some poor family. I have seen the spotter plane out this afternoon, following the contour of the coastline. Very sad.

Momentary Madness said...

"Who needs TV when you've got Ali
I bet you pelt good though and so you should.
Any chance of movimg to my neighbourhood, I'd feel safe with you around, the only thing is there are Bears and poisonous adders in the forests just outside my house even though I've never seen any since I came to live here, but they're there- the adder's not so bad- just a couple of tabs, but the bears especially if with cub have been know to kill, and having seen some of the survivors, better to die. How would you handle that prospect?
Y;-) Paddy.

photowannabe said...

You weave quite a story Ali. I'm sorry to hear the search wasn't sucessful.
Thanks for your kind remarks on my blog. Come again anytime.

mrsnesbitt said...

Hey what a story!
I am on slimming world regime, losing 1 lb each week is fine by me.
A few of us have a support diet blog, private.
If you want to join in, nothing much, just give me a shout & I'll add your name.
Dxx

Momentary Madness said...

PS: just readind over my comment...pelt? I don't know either
"felt good"... the p is not even near the f on the keyboard. If you can work out the Freudian slip let me know because I can't.
Cheers Paddy

Elaine Denning said...

Hehehehe!

Ali said...

Paddy ~ I did peel very good honey, least I did until I tried to move to go to bed, right at that moment I pelt about 90!!

Snakes, I'm not sure about, but bears... oh how I would love to photograph them in their own habitat!!! Could I visit in the next 5 weeks, then I could use the bears for a 'G is for Grizzly' entry??

Hugs to you Paddy. x

Ali said...

Photowannabe ~ I often have conversations with myself.. does everyone else not??? Oh ... just me then..lol

This was nothing.. you should read the little chat I had with myself in my entry 'Nostalgia in the Present' under my 'Memory Monday' labels!

Ali said...

Denise ~ I have been attending Weight Watchers for the last year and a bit. After 10 months I was just 2lb away from my goal weight having lost almost 3 stone. In the last 2 and a bit months I have put a whole stone back on!!! grrrrr.... When I struggle with life, I struggle with food, namely I can't get enough of it!! lol

I would love an invite to your support diet blog. x

Ali said...

Faddy ~ what's a bit op 'f' and 'p' swaffing between priends?? In pact, I reckon we should adoft this new writing style, is pucking punny!!! x

Annie said...

You are my heroine of the day, both for working out all that time and then for heading off to the search. Especially the latter!

Ali said...

Annie ~ What a sweet thing to say. Thankyou, but really, there is nothing heroic about searching, I merely give up a little of my time. The working out bit is the hardest mentally .. lol ..

I shall be having another conversation with myself this afternoon!! lol

In Ink said...

I don't have my own blog any more so I'm using yours and several others to make a request.

I have a friend, Warren, who I’ve known ever since I have been in the good ol’ US of A. He is one of this country’s finest products, one of the really good guys. He has a good heart and despite the many problems life has thrown at him and his wife he has come through it all and has always made time to offer help to those who need it regardless of his own situation. His friendship, and that of his wife and brother, has helped many people inc. myself through difficult times.

Right now he needs a little help having just been told that, as well as all of his other health problems, he has a tumor which, benign or malignant, seriously complicates his treatment options for his other ailments.

Warren is a man of faith and believes in the power of prayer and so I ask you and your readers to please take a few minutes to say a prayer for him.

I am not exactly a regular churchgoer to say the least but I’ll be praying for a good outcome for him as hard as anyone. This is all I can think of to do for him right now.

Yours sincerely,
W. Louse.

Ali said...

Michael, you should have your own blog still, I miss popping in for a chat, and your email is also defunct!! :o(


I will pray for Warren and his wife, and hope that his faith will give him the strength to travel the path which lays in front of him.

X

Mike said...

What's an arc trainer? I've heard of an arc welder. Is it anything similar, such as a welder for beginners?

Ali said...

Mike ~ I think I would rather work an arc welder!!!

It's like a cross-trainer but tougher. It's supposed to simulate the movement of cross country skiing - does it feck!!!! It's like climbing a bloody mountain at break neck speed.. lol

In Ink said...

Thanks for that. He knows what I did and has derived a lot of comfort from it.

As far as blogs go...you never know what's hiding in plain view.

Ali said...

Michael ~ That is soooooooooooo unfair to make that blog comment and not clarify it!!! Where can you be found??? lol