Thought for the Week

"A hug is a perfect gift - one size fits all and nobody minds if you give it back."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Result!

The GCSE Results were sent out yesterday!!

As some of my longer term visitors will know I took a GCSE in Photography last year and I have been anxiously awaiting the results.

We received this email this afternoon from our tutor:

Dear Photographers,

Well done on the fantastic results this year!!

What a clever lot you all are.
I've never had quite such good results from a GCSE group before so give yourselves a pat on the back, and keep making pictures!!
Sorry no news on A/S level yet but we have had 35 gcse applications so hopefully will be able to split this into gcse and an AS group



Well! That set the mind wondering, as we hadn't actually had them through the post, I expect they will hit tomorrow.

So, cheeky, impatient, exciteable madam that I am, I emailed him back and asked him what I got.

The suspense was killing me!!

He quickly replied...

that I got...

an...



WOOHOO, I am chuffed to bits. Finally I have the A grade I was cheated out of at school, and I have been looking very much like a cheshire cat most of the afternoon.


Edit:
I had SAR training tonight, the second part of the first aid, and I officially passed my First Aid at Work course!!!

21 comments:

In Ink said...

Congrats!

Ali said...

Michael ~ First to find my late post, there's a thing!! lol. Thanks honey.

Michael said...

Just had enough time to write congrats earlier. Looking forward to seeing more of your pics. If you ever have any q's I can help with fire away.

Ali said...

Michael ~ Thanks very much, I'll bear that in mind.

david mcmahon said...

Ah, brilliant news, Ali. We're all so proud of you. Congratulations on behalf of the many bloggers who enjoy your work.

I've just realised I don;t have you on my blogroll, so I'll do so immediately. Hope you don' mind.

Once again, well done!

Ali said...

David ~ Aww, thank you so much. As far as your blogroll is concerned, I had noticed, but I won't hold it against you!!!

Elaine Denning said...

Woohoo!

Well done ALi!!

Aww, I'm so proud of you (gimme a tissue) and I just want to say that I never for a second doubted that you'd pass. But you did it with flying colours!!!

Going on for the A level?

mrsnesbitt said...

OOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooh well done that woman!!!

Ali said...

Laney ~ Thx honey, and for all the encouragement you gave me during the year.

I am just waiting to hear whether the college are running the 'A' level, if they do, I will be there.

Denise ~ Thank you. How was the interview?

Akelamalu said...

CONGRATULATIONS and WELL DONE YOU!!

Ali said...

Akelamalu ~ Thank you, *takes bow* I'm hoping they are going to run the 'A' level. I would like to learn more technical stuff and having a reason to think about composition and subject matter is good for me. At least Denise's ABC is making me think each week.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Mouth,
I don't know your name but saw your 'beauty profile' picture , so I was wondering, "who is behind the mouth?" You? So I red someof your posts , I like the CUTE SWEET DOG what a face , hmmmm kiss on it , I love dogs.

I am from Holland and I like Travelling , writig about true and not true (my thruth haha) facts. I am a woman :) Love dogs, and my hus, we live outside , near woods and beautiful spots, so that I post a lot in my blog.

Your welcome to visit me and also comments are OK.::

Bye JoAnn from Holland

Unknown said...

Well done you for the GCSE and the First Aid !

photowannabe said...

Congratulations Ali...thats super dupper. You shoule be "chuffed"

RUTH said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! What wonderful news both on the "A" and the First Aid coursework!!!!
:o) :o) :o)

Ali said...

JoAnn ~ Thx for calling by my place, and for taking the time to comment. As you will have seen, I have already made the return visit.

Pauline ~ Thx honey. x

Photowannabe ~ Many thx.

Ali said...

Ruth ~ Thank you. Everyone has been so kind with their congratulations.

Michael said...

I missed the bit about the first aid. You get more impressive with every visit. Well done!

Dan said...

Ali, I'm so proud of you! Am I repeating myself? :)

Ali said...

Michael ~ I did add it afterwards, when I got home from the course, so you are forgiven for missing it! I was just making sure you were awake!!

Dan ~ You did say so in your IM message honey, but, thank you anyway. x

Ali said...

Lady B ~ Thx very much. It still hasn't sunk in yet. Have also added you to my blogroll, I couldn't remember your blog addy from last time, else I would have been back sooner!!